It's great to read positive post again!!!!!!!! It's great to read positive post again!!!!!!!! It's great to read positive post again!!!!!!!! It's great to read positive post again!!!!!!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's great to read positive post again!!!!!!!!

Hello to all, we are getting to get our next years trip together, we always come the 2nd week of may,but how about some of your input booking the annuall lake Erie the 2nd or 3rd week of june, when we used to go to canada the 2nd week of june and allways did well. Seems like every year the fishing gets better a week or 2 after we leave! Tell me what you guys think, I like to troll & drift, also bought a bigger boat to make the the long trips if I have to. Thanks to all PAP

Post Thanks / Like

if you like to go to canada thats where they are headed right now. i live in port clinton and i stopped at the fish cleaners last week end and a charter came in with 150 lbs of eyes from the canada line. they were driftin thats the best walleye fishin i have heard of right now. ive talked to others that have said canada is the place to go unless you dont wanna make the run. so i would say 2nd or 3rd week. hope this helps ill post more after saturday wen i get more word about the where abouts of the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default walleye fishing canada

the walleye bite has picked up in canadian waters around pelee island,just a reminder there are a lot of commercial nets around,be watchful,maybe someday the ontario goverment will buy out the commercial guys,they will make more money with sportfishing,

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone chime in on how to obtain the proper Canadian fishing license and any other documents needed??? thx

Davidf Guest

Fished Canada with headboat out of Fisherman's Warf yesterday. They occasionally have walk-ons to Canada, usually late in the year, but had one yesterday. 15 people aboard. They took names and information over the phone and picked up the Canadia licenses the day before so we did not have to stop on Pelee. Wind was strong and waves built to over 6 feet. Fishing was tough, but we got 40 or so nice fish. Price was $75 plus license fees. Tim will do it again next week i bet.
    Easy way to get Canadian license is to get forms on-line and fill them out, go to Pelee dock. A young lady will a bicycle will take the forms and payment to the office so you don't have to go onto land. Tip her.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

DavidF…thanks for the info, if you have a link it would be appreciated. We’re leaving from Iowa tonight 7 hr drive

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishOn205 View Post
    if you like to go to canada thats where they are headed right now. i live in port clinton and i stopped at the fish cleaners last week end and a charter came in with 150 lbs of eyes from the canada line. they were driftin thats the best walleye fishin i have heard of right now. ive talked to others that have said canada is the place to go unless you dont wanna make the run. so i would say 2nd or 3rd week. hope this helps ill post more after saturday wen i get more word about the where abouts of the fish.
    I do not see a need to fish Canada at this point. There are way to many fish in us waters north of west sister. why spend the money to fish canada when last weekend guys did just as good around west sister. To equal that you would need 3 to 5 pound average with 5 or 6 man on board. I would say 3 to 5 pound fish is about average for lake erie. Just my opinon. I know last saturday we drifted/casted and did good out there and so did others. Just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Default About my post!!!!!

I don't go to canada anymore them konikies can all go to hell with what they put me through 6 years ago! thats why I stay on this side of the line. what I'm asking is, is the second week of June still a good time to fish the western basin, I stay at lamberjacks for a week then, I fish lake ontario the rest of the year, we have a camp site in the Black river bay area,where we fish for salmon the rest of the year. I dont get the negitivism of the post, why I fish canada. Lets all get along on here,be happy. thanks PAP.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7wfishing

hey i agree with you totally.i dont fish canada water at all and we go outa lamberjacks too. the guy said he used to fish canada and i heard good reports from up around the line so i relayed the message. i didnt hear anything around the island so i didnt comment i only post the reports i know. but i just wanna say i agree if you can get em here its NOT worth the run to canada ... just my opinion.

Davidf Guest

I think those who drift and cast for Walleye will agree that it has been tough to get a limit in Ohio waters to date this year. Trollers are doing well from what i read on this board. Most 6-pack captains will be happy to take you to Canada if you are willing to pay the extra if you want to drift and cast (and catch fish.) They are doing much better on the North side of the boarder.