nice eyes and a steal head to boot nice eyes and a steal head to boot nice eyes and a steal head to boot nice eyes and a steal head to boot
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default nice eyes and a steal head to boot

had a couple of nice days monday a 56 pound 12 fish day and tuesday a steal head off of the nw side of kelleys only 4 eyes on tuesday but had to much sun by noon today it is blowing but I have two more days of fishing before the vacation is over 15 ft deep using gold on worm rigs 1.5 mph caught them on the turns

Post Thanks / Like

If you catching em on the turns, you might not be trolling at the correct speed. If your catching them on the inside lines of your turn, your trolling too fast. If on the outside, then too slow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SummerHunting View Post
    If you catching em on the turns, you might not be trolling at the correct speed. If your catching them on the inside lines of your turn, your trolling too fast. If on the outside, then too slow.
    not necessarily, the change in pace created by a turn is often what triggers a strike. When a stalled or an accelerated lure is hit that doesn't mean it was travelling at the wrong pace to begin with, it most likely is the change in pace and action that triggered the reaction.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish on the turn

I agree with wallytracker. Fished Sat.,Sun., and Monday. When the bite slowed down Mon. afternoon, started playing around with Zig-Zagging to get an idea if our speed was wrong. Wide turns didn't make a difference,but on the sharp turns where you would make one board come to a complete stop and get a slack line,as soon as the line got taught you would get a release...caught the last 5 fish that way. 1.9, 90 back

Post Thanks / Like

Default Speed and change in action=FISH ON !!

I agree also.I dont use boards,although. Many times i`ve been trolling along and not getting any action. Then just reach up and pull out a hand full of line and let it go.Then PRESTO !! FISH ON! I believe that walleye will follow a bait sometimes for who knows how far. Deciding whether to hit it or not.When that bait suddenly pulls away a little and comes at him when you let a couple of feet of line go.They cant help but strike at it.Sometimes also just stop the boat for a few seconds and take off when the lines go slack and get hits when they just start to pull again.Even after i`ve tried many different depths trying to find them. So not sure which is more important Speed change or Action change! Both produce strikes at times for me. Just my 2 cents worth.
    High Drifter Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the fish we took this past weekend were caught when I would slow down to maybe 1.5-1.8mph, then bump it up to 2.5-2.8. They seemed to hit just as the boat bumped up.