Big  Perch Big  Perch Big  Perch Big  Perch
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Perch

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Big Perch

5 guys 106 perch in about 3 hours. All perch 10 to11 inches. 30lbs of fish. Caught NNE of Kelly's a couple miles south of Middle Island.All 6 pack. Boats anchored and tearing them up too. One boat fishing there and at the same fish cleaner had a limit with a 93 lb live weight.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Perch?

Am fishing the Islands this weekend. I had been planning to beat the water for eyes...but this perch thing has me intrigued. Might just hit the water loaded for bear...worms AND shiners. Bait shops OK on shiners right now?

Post Thanks / Like

Same here...gonna hit the water loaded to jig, troll, and perch jerk.

Post Thanks / Like

we were out at niagra over the weekend and caught jumbo perch as well, the bit was slow and soft but the fish were huge. Also caught 4 or 5 of the biggest white perch i have seen had be at least 1 1/2 pound each. several spikes, no sheepheads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Poohbear,

I think most of us look up to you as the trolling authority on the western basin. Since your fishing for perch have you given up on walleye?

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

guys dont perch fish much but would like to try. im always chasing walleye anyways i was right on the west side of locust reef were it starts to drop off fishing the edge and marked sooooo many fish 2 foot off the bottom for a good 50 yds while drifting and caught a huge perch in that area didnt put 2 and 2 together but thought they might be eyes. do you think these were probably perch and if so how whould you fish for them anchor and jig?.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BAD KARMA View Post
    guys dont perch fish much but would like to try. im always chasing walleye anyways i was right on the west side of locust reef were it starts to drop off fishing the edge and marked sooooo many fish 2 foot off the bottom for a good 50 yds while drifting and caught a huge perch in that area didnt put 2 and 2 together but thought they might be eyes. do you think these were probably perch and if so how whould you fish for them anchor and jig?.
    Anchor up and fish spreaders or crappie rigs with shiners straight down just off the bottom. It's very easy and fun when you get into them.

Post Thanks / Like

I"m headed up tonight moving boat back down to east and going perching can't take it no more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default good call

Did the same last saturay at 11am, caught perch N of Kellys in afternoon, and got 2 tickets by 12noon sunday

Post Thanks / Like

Went out today North East of Kelly's 40 fow very slow in the morning but it picked up in the afternoon. We ended up with 70 perch. Seen some walleye caught.