I shoulda thrown my tackle box I shoulda thrown my tackle box I shoulda thrown my tackle box I shoulda thrown my tackle box
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry I shoulda thrown my tackle box

There are days, then there are times. I believe we are in the times category for the walleye. They just aint interested. Not protecting beds, not biting invaders, and just not hungry either. I think the lake is in the transition phase from spawn to predator, but at the present moment they are recharging thier batteries and getting the bodies right. Fished Wed/Thur and 3 of us caught 1 walleye, but allot of sheephead, white perch, and Yellow Perch. That just aint right if they are spawning. I think by next weekend the bite will be back on, but it will be time to go find em over a little deeper water.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default We slayed them....

Jig,

We were just there this past weekend and quickly abandoned the daytime bite after one afternoon. It was an absolute waste of time. Instead, we concentrated our efforts around dusk and fished from 8:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. We took our limit one day while averaging 12-15 fish on the other days between three guys and 3-4 hours of fishing. Once everyone got an idea of what we were doing, the competition was on with several boats actually surrounding us and eventually pushing us out to a new location.

The only adjustment we made was seeing jillions of minnows in the water averaging about 3-4 inches. We matched the size and color to a topwater stickbait, went to the shallow part of the reefs and right around 8:30 p.m. it's like someone threw a switch and it was on for about 90 minutes or so before you had to search for them on top of the reefs.

Until the water clears, hit the reefs...especially Toussaint and Crib. Small Husky Jerks and Reef Runners will serve you well. Fish averaged 4-5 lbs.

Good luck...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wtg

WTG Not2Often. Thats awesome. Way to think outside the box. We were marking em like crazy but they were all 4-5 ft off the bottom and just not interested during the daytime. Congrats and Thanks for the tip.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear not2often, I can only hope my charter service reads your post, I love anything top water. Coming in from AZ. this weekend and I gotta tell ya it's been a bit stressful reading all for not prior posts, booking months out in advance and hoping for a good weekend I can only hope I picked the right one.

Tight lines.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Ironic though, it was slow going during the day when fishing jigs but we caught about 20% of our fish on a 3/4 oz purple jig...fished in the dead of night...go figure. When we couldn't take them on the surface on top of the reefs, we threw jigs in the same depths to trigger them. I don't get how they can see it at night but hardly touch it during the day. I'm thinking that they are just neutral/negative until the water clears a little more. Once it does, you guys will have a blast I'm sure. All of the fish that we caught were males full of sperm which was a little perplexing. I thought that they would be done by now. On the back side of Crib (NW of the green can), we saw lots of perch in 20 fow. We foul hooked a few and threw them back.

Post Thanks / Like

Might just be a standard bite timing thing at this point. I know when it is my time to eat and I get hungry right around then even if I ate a few hours prior off schedule. As far as still being full of sperm, we'll I was supposed to have a "date night" last night and guess what mother nature came in and screwd that up too, now you got me feeling bad for the little buggers, come on walleyes get your game face on.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks not2often. I'm running out of Turtle Creek staying at Fenwick this weekend. For sure will give that a try.