Guests PLEASE sign in. Guests PLEASE sign in. Guests PLEASE sign in. Guests PLEASE sign in.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sounds Good

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind. But let's not look to next year - this year is going to be great! Keep pushing the fish this way. I checked the weather buoy and the water temperature is 38 deg. Boy that's going to get the fish going this weekend. I just took the boat in for some work - now I am at the mercy of the repair gods. Good luck fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Signed in for first time today. Haven't fished in a while just like most others

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    Thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind. But let's not look to next year - this year is going to be great! Keep pushing the fish this way. I checked the weather buoy and the water temperature is 38 deg. Boy that's going to get the fish going this weekend. I just took the boat in for some work - now I am at the mercy of the repair gods. Good luck fishing!
    Capt Joe, I agree its gonna big a good year.. I was just offering a way to release a little fishing fever next spring before the fish get to you..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for help!

I have been reading all of the comments over the last few weeks and I am thankful for all of your help! I just signed up and am new at this. I have been fishing lake Erie since I was a kid 28yrs or so. I am docked west now and will be moving my boat east in early summer. I fished last Sunday on cone and caught one fish. Thanks again headed up tomorrow to try again.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds good I appreciate the offer and will definatly consider it. The problem is I haven't had a chance to get rid of the fever this year. It will happen very soon but I can't wait. In the winter it is so bad I go to boatshows in different cities just to get away and see clean, shinny boats and new equipment. Good luck if you get out this weekend!

Post Thanks / Like

was at crane creek 2 weeks ago.water temp was 43 any idea what it is now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    That sounds good I appreciate the offer and will definatly consider it. The problem is I haven't had a chance to get rid of the fever this year. It will happen very soon but I can't wait. In the winter it is so bad I go to boatshows in different cities just to get away and see clean, shinny boats and new equipment. Good luck if you get out this weekend!
    Yea, I hear that.. I looked hard for a place I could invite you this year but by the time I had a a free day you would have fish down by you already.. thats why I suggested next year.. I made two ocean trips over the winter to stay sane..

Post Thanks / Like

Default coming saturday.... 7 may

I have only been out once this year. It was in april and muddy as heck. We caught 3 nice eyes though. Havent been back because it is a 4 hour drive and the wind/lake conditions are horrible from the posts. But we are coming saturday. I will post how we do. we always caught fish in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

Skipper9 been reading your reports for years and didn't take the time to register. Keep up the good reports please! I will be up from Cincinnati Thursday-Sunday May 12-15th if you want to give me a shout on 69. I go by LUMBERMAN at Erie. I will post results when I get back.

Post Thanks / Like

Skipper9, I hope to get my boat from the shop soon. I am hoping to get it back by tomorrow so weather depending I can get out Sat. or Sun. There is a marina at the extreme east end of the lake (Small Boat Harbor) Buffalo,NY which is not officially open but I saw some boats leaving the ramp area today. Right now, I just checked the weather bouy and the wind is 15.5 knots gusting to 19.4 knots with 3 foot waves. The water temp is 38.8 deg. Their calling for thunderstorms Sat. night. Not ideal fishing weather. I like it when you push the fish this way but can you try not to send the wind also. Good luck fishing this weekend. I'm looking forward to hearing about your success.