Return of the Walleye Return of the Walleye Return of the Walleye Return of the Walleye
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Return of the Walleye

Well it looks like the start of fall eye fishing in the huron area. If you missed it sat and sun. A huge school of big eyes moved in to the vermillion/huron area saturday. Many fisherman did very well saturday.. It will only get better. Dont put them boats away yet..

My Demeyes Guest

A buddy of mine called me last night to rub it in, Monday 12 fish went 97 lbs. the biggest fish was 14.2 lbs. There are definately some big fish out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Default skipper9

Will be up this coming Sat. Launching out of Mazurak. Where should I start fishing? Looking for Walleyes. There may be just my son and I fishing. Thanks for the advice you have been giving us all and good fishing.

My Demeyes Guest

I would launch out of the huron river, the walleye are right there

Post Thanks / Like

The largest group of big walleye are located around the 30/25 line or with in a couple miles of this area depending where they move day to day. Their is a public lauch in vermillion. it is only about 6 miles to this area. Good luck. Capt Jim. jandjfishingcharters.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall Walleyes

I've always heard of the great walleye fishing in 'The Bowl' during fall. Does anyone know if these big walleye migrate near shore in MI waters too? I.E. Brest Bay, Toledo Beach, Banana Dyke area, etc...

Post Thanks / Like

Default port clinton

Ok... my friends and i 27 and 16 and 15 have a boat in port clinton. we want to go fishing either friday night or saturday morning. Are there any walleye around port clinton that we can cast for with erie dearies or crankbaits. Also do you have any tips for us as it is our first time. And we are prepared to perch fish if the eyes are not biting. When is the best time friday night or sat. morning?

thanks in advance

alex

Post Thanks / Like

You may find a few eyes up on the reefs feeding in the early am late afternoon. In that case I would cast a weight foreward spinner in to the shallows. You may want to try the same thing with a plastic worm for smallmouth. They hold on the reefs this time of year. Good luck. calling for wind so be careful. thanks Capt Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Default reefs?

what do you mean by reefs?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Steering Clear of Bombing Exercises

Is there a website that one can visit to review the scheduling for bombing exercises? I know that you can call in on Channel 83 on your marine band but during the week, there's a fairly large window where the majority of the reefs are off limits during the day. I got chased down by the coast guards for the first time this year. I didn't know that I was inside the boundaries (markers) and they were firing rounds (not live one's) but they had to stop until I high-tailed it out of there!

If there is a site available, would love to know about it.

Good fishing...