Return of the Walleye Return of the Walleye Return of the Walleye Return of the Walleye
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Alex, if you don't know what someone is talking about when they say reefs you shouldn't boat on Lake Erie. Too many hazards, like the shooting range mentioned above if you don't know what you're doing.

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

ok then instead of helping someone so they can be properly introduced to fishing you can just turn everyone away from it. But thanks for the help anyways jerk.

Post Thanks / Like

Mihlbauer95 Call me. I will answer any questions you have. Maybe you can join me on a trip. I have some openings this weekend. A day on the boat I can teach you alot.. Thanks Capt Jim 614.327.7144

Post Thanks / Like

yea wmyer, that wasn't cool. milbauer, get a chart for the lake if you want to go out there. know what the buoys mean, cuz they might help you from tearing out the bottom of your boat...which is bad. the reefs are the shallow rocky areas on the lake. usually the dangerous ones are marked..usually. and one thing everyone needs to know, is who has the right of way! i don't think 50% of the people out there even know(not the folks on here, just in general).

Post Thanks / Like

My comment wasn't meant to offend anyone it was strictly meant for his benefit. If you aren't familiar with Lake Erie you can lose your boat if you just go heading out especially around the reefs. What bothered me even more was when he mentioned Friday night possibly. If he's out after dark his first time on the lake and in the area of the reefs. I was only replying for his benefit. No ill will intended. The best thing he could do is take Capt. Jim's offer and go out with someone experienced and learn the ropes a little bit.
    Last edited by wmyer; 10-17-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well i might be wrong here but i think skipper ment the reefs off of kellys the firing range is a good run from port clinton. I dont think the skipper would had sent someone that far after they mentioned they are not familar with this lake. I would take the skippers advie and take a trip with him, even if you need to pay your way on his boat. He knows alot about the lake and knows where the fish are. My father and i went a few weeks ago with him perch fishing and he was more than generous with his knowledge of the fish and the lake. We had the best day perch fishing of our life. And it was a day after they had 10 foot wave. And he still found the fish. Yes the reefs can be dangerous and the website and advice on the radio were great, not alot of ppl who boat even know about them. But there was a time that none of knew anything about this or other lakes and it because of ppl like skipper that helped introduce all of us to the hobby we all love so much. Good luck on you boating and fishing, lake erie can be a very place, but it is on of the hardest lakes to read cause it can change so fast. If you ever have any doubts just ask someone. There are alot of ppl like skipper that are more than willing to help anyone out without expecting a thing in return

Thanks again skipper for the trip It was one of the best days we ever had. ANything we cna ever do to help you out let us know. And if you ever need to fill your boat for a trip let us know too 419-571-8864. I owe you a return of the fav you gave us on our trip. By the way the perch tasted great

Post Thanks / Like

The eyes have moved a little farther west. They are at the 29/34. Their is a lot of grass in the area. Check your lines offen. Still catching with 800 series reef runners back 115 feet back with a btwo oz snap weight. and 120 back on a 40 jet with a scorpion spoon. anything with blue has been our best color. Thks Capt Jim. jandjfishingcharters.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where

Will be up on Oct. 29 fishing Fri. and Sat. and don't know where to go for walleyes. Prefer launhing at Mazurik but can go elsewhere if necessary. Last trip of the year bor my son and ex-wife. Good fishing to all. PS for SKIPPER9 let me know if you could meet for dinner and or drinks on Fri. or Sat.

Post Thanks / Like

jsiders, give me a call I will give you my best quess on the fishing them two days.. eyes are still around the 29/34. and the big perch around the 34/22. Good luck.. 614.327.7144 thks Capt Jim