Canadian water license Canadian water license Canadian water license Canadian water license
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Canadian water license

Hello- I would like to fish for smallmouth around Pelee island and I'm not sure how to obtain a Canadian license? any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

there is a marina on the back side of the island where you can purchase license

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canadian license

Boonie,

You can also buy them at the Westview Tavern across from the gov't dock on the west side of Pelee. However, it is very difficult place to dock because of high cement pier. Also, do not leave boat unattended because if the ferry comes in, the wake will beat your vessel into the pier.

Wally

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wally cleaver View Post
    Boonie,

You can also buy them at the Westview Tavern across from the gov't dock on the west side of Pelee. However, it is very difficult place to dock because of high cement pier. Also, do not leave boat unattended because if the ferry comes in, the wake will beat your vessel into the pier.

Wally
    Thanks Guys, I did that 8 years ago and was wondering if any charter captians that have online info to share, because I'm sure they do that for their clients.

sig061 Guest

Canada Website

You can order you license over the telephone..
    1-800-667-1940

Post Thanks / Like

If you order by phone you have to wait on it to come in the mail. I don't know the specifics of Pelee but the captain we go with said a girl will bring our licenses to us at the boat. That is probably why we don't need passports since we never get off the boat on land. That's just my guess. Heading up this weekend and will give you more specifics when I get them.

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Default Go to Scudder Marina

I go up to Pelee several times a year. If you go to the north end and pull into Scudder Marina, the folks there will come out and see what you need. Tell them you need a fishing license and they should be able to hook you up without having to get out of the boat. Remember that you will have to get an Outdoors Card now and this is 9 bucks on top of the nonresident license fee. When you get there, try the east side of the island about half a mile south of the lighthouse. There is a large point with big boulders that usually holds smallies. We have a cottage just down from there and this is usually where I fish for smallmouth. There are just a few times when I'm not successful in this spot. I have also heard that the south end of the island is pretty good. Ask the guys at the marina though. They will tell you where the fish are.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You

fishqueen Guest

It's important that you don't get out of your boat and step on Canadian soil! Homeland Security is involved in boat traffic from Canada to the US.