kellys kellys kellys kellys
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: kellys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mastroller View Post
    anyone catchin walleye around kellys or over by starve island? would love to know. im goin up this weekend to fish.
    me too...fishin cranberry friday and kellys sat....will monitor 68-79

LADY B II

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kellys

Hope to meet and talk with you guys on Fri. Sat. Sun. I have your handles written down and I have a 24' Hard top, Pro-Line, W/A .. Should be good fishing...

I go by Rebel-1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sat. 5/15 I'll be there too

Hey guys, I'll be fishing this Saturday between Green and Rattlesnake for starters, i'm in a 21 ft Seaswirl open bow , white with blue stripe. I will also be monitoring channel 68. Goodluck everyone.....give a shout for eyezcrazy.

Jefferson Guest

Default New member - out Fri/Sat

Guys:
    I am new here, but also planning a trip to Kelly's coming from Michigan for Fri/Sat. Handle is Jefferson - blue/white glass boat. Will be on 68, might I enquire about your handles so that I could touch base on the water? (Will gladly share info.)

All the best.

BizWiz516 Guest

Give me a shout on 68. My handle is BizWiz. We will be fishing all weekend starting Friday morning. Looks like a great weekend for fishing. Sleeping on boat at PIB

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kelly's area

Everyone posted their handles - so far, we've got "Rebel-1", "Somthin Fishy", "EyeCrazy", "PeleeBound", "Jefferson", "Biz Wiz" and me, "Eye Catcher" - although I think there is another "Eye Catcher" up on Erie so call me "Lund Eye Catcher" so we don't get confused (I'm in a big Green Lund Grand Baron that has "Eye Catcher" name on the back of the boat).

Calling for some rough water friday evening but looks good for Sat...

Do most of you plan on drifting with harnesses or trolling (with harnesses and/or reef runners?) Should be a good drift fri eveing with 3 foot waves and good wind...

BizWiz516 Guest

We will drift fish crawlers most of the time. If the wind lays down we will cast.

Jefferson Guest

Default Plan for Fri/Sat

You are very gracious.
    My plan is to troll Reef Runners, Harnesses, Spoons. Probably with focus on the Harnesses.

I plan to stay in a motel in Sandusky and put the boat up overnight at Battery marina.

Anyone out there fish the reefs off of Marblehead with success at this time of year, or is the action all all Kelly's?

BizWiz516 Guest

Its pretty much anywhere around the reefs. I think if you are looking for bigger you need to go deeper. I have a friend that fished both the reefs and between SB and Kellys last week. He said he caught smaller ones around the reefs. I think he was fishing in front of Besse on the reefs. He caught some very nice walleye's between the islands and north of Bass. He caught 2 fish Ohio walleye's in about 35-40 fow north of Kelly's. One was 29 and the other was 31.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kellys

The marine forecast has changed a bit for this week-end. I have been at several sites, but there will be more wind than reported yesterday. Waves 2 to 4 ft. on Fri. subsiding to 1 to 3 in afternoon, earlier they were predicting 1 to 3 ft. Looks like I will be drift fishing, and if so, using harnesses. May have to put out the wind sock. Sat. is looking better with 1 to 3 ft. Depending on Fri. out come will dictate what we do on Sat. & Sunday. Looking forward to a great week-end. Camp fires Thurs., Fri. & Sat. nights. Venison back straps, walleye in deep frier, bake patatoe, rabbit in the crockpot with barbaquie sauce. It doesn't get any better than that. It will be a great week-end no matter what, for the comrodery with friends is PRICELESS..

Get the Net...fish on...