Coming up Tues and Wed. Coming up Tues and Wed. Coming up Tues and Wed. Coming up Tues and Wed.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Coming up Tues and Wed.

The weather window looks good for Tues and Wed. Last time up I launched out of Wild Wings and headed straight out and then west. Are the walleyes still hot in the area? Is there any advantage to launch out of Lamberjack's, maybe meet Lowe Life? I'll probably launch there just to further my education.
    Any advice will make me thankful.

Fred,

(Retired Coast Guard-32 years.)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tues - Wed

I have heard that the fish are still right out front. I like the ramp at Amberjacks and they charge $5 VS $10 at Wild Wings. Wild Wings pretty much has everything else, reasonable priced gas at the Marathon station out front fish cleaning etc... There is also lodging next door.

http://www.vacationrentals411.com/vacation/23785.html

Good Luck and be safe!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that info. $10 was getting a bit up there. The early and late resteraunt is nice. I have a cottage in Rye Beach, 35 miles down the road. Great for perchin, but they are always there. Gotta go after those walleyes while the gittin is good.

Fred.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fred T

I might be able to meet up with you but it depends on work and the weather...I've never launched out of either of those we keep our boat in Turtle Creek and put in and take out their...However that ramp is very steep and sometime's a pain in the ass to get in or out...However the food a Wild Wings is really good....Sometime's we'll head up to the cottage for the night not take any food and just go over their and eat....Not sure where the fish are but if you look for charters and head boats you'll find the fish...Send me a PM with your phone number and I'll give you a call if I can make it up...
    Good luck and be safe...
    LOWE LIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tues - Wed

You are welcpme and good luck, I forgot to metion Fenwick's. They also have very nice ramps and the rate was $5 last year and may be the same. They use the same channel as Lamberjacks so it is a little more of a boat ride once you lanch. Very nice people at both.

http://www.vacationrentals411.com/vacation/23785.html

Post Thanks / Like

are you gunnery Sargent Tannert? You are famous

Post Thanks / Like

No, the Coast Guard never had Gunnery Sargents. I was a Chief Warrant Officer of Weapons, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Fred you can catch walleye's this time of the year between the pier and the Huron River. But since you have your boat on a trailer I would go west young man. I think they are getting walleyes around Green Island, I heard they were drift fishing and doing quite well on Sunday. Your neighbor Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coast Guard...

Those FUCKERS gave me a DUI in my little 12 ft boat last year...They were tied off to the end of my dock and nailed me..WTF I was not making a wake or doing anything stupid...But I got all the tests and must of failed 1 or 2...
    I won't hold it against you Fred T unless you worked last year in toledo...LOL
    See you on wed...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I have been retired for 5 years. Can't help you there.