Walleye fishing report for islands area 8/15/09. Walleye fishing report for islands area 8/15/09. Walleye fishing report for islands area 8/15/09. Walleye fishing report for islands area 8/15/09.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Walleye fishing report for islands area 8/15/09.

Left Bass Haven Marina on East Harbor this morning and headed west towards Green Island. Not much wind but a lot of boat wakes made for a rough ride. Lots of boats fishing for perch on the NE side of Green so I went west of Green to drift for walleye. Drifted about an hour and only had one bite so I moved north to the west side of Rattlesnake. Picked up one small walleye about 17" in 45mins so I picked up and moved to West Reef on the west side of North Bass. Picked up one more small walleye and a couple of huge sheephead. Moved all around the reef area trying to find fish but no more walleye. Moved to the north side of North Bass Island where there was about 25 boats. Picked up another small walleye but lost it at the boat, didn't matter because I wasn't keeping them anyway.

Fished for a total of 5 hours and had 3 small walleye to show for it. Filled the boat up at the marina and spent $111 on fuel the last two trips out and nothing to show for it. I've never had this much trouble finding walleye, EVER. Listening to the radio it was the same story for most boats, seemed like everyone had picked up 1 or 2 walleye but a lot of complaining going on.

I hate trolling but it seems like that is the only way to catch walleye this year. I keep reading the fishing reports and I head right to the areas that people have reported good catches and I can't get $hit! I'm really getting sick of wasting my time, money, and effort for nothing. I would even be happy to get into a school of sheephead if you can believe that.

Taking out some friends tomorrow and if it's the same story I'm done until mid September.

Russ

Post Thanks / Like

Smile walleyes

try crane creek in 16 to 20 feet of water, early morning or late afternoon,
    bottom bouncers right on bottom, pink blade worm harness,if there is waves
    or crank baits trolling if its calm, not much casting, lots of perch in this area two, been good for a month now, lots of other fish in area also. steady action.

walleyewacker Guest

Russ-

A large part of your issues finding fish is your reading of these reports. It is much like radio fishing, not with a penny unless it is from trusted sources. Most of what these guys post is BS. I fish the lake 2 to 4 times a week, I know where the fish are at, most of what you read is inaccurate. It has been tough this year due to many factors. Bottom line, most of the year fish are not where they should be. The tried and true spots for the most part have not produce as in the past. Don't believe all of these trollers they do not limit everytime out. You can still fish the right way, drift and cast, and catch walleye. Isn't pink panties what you woman should have on not what you catch walleye on?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Peeing contest with a Skunk

Quote Originally Posted by walleyewacker View Post
    Russ-

A large part of your issues finding fish is your reading of these reports. It is much like radio fishing, not with a penny unless it is from trusted sources. Most of what these guys post is BS. I fish the lake 2 to 4 times a week, I know where the fish are at, most of what you read is inaccurate. It has been tough this year due to many factors. Bottom line, most of the year fish are not where they should be. The tried and true spots for the most part have not produce as in the past. Don't believe all of these trollers they do not limit everytime out. You can still fish the right way, drift and cast, and catch walleye. Isn't pink panties what you woman should have on not what you catch walleye on?
    I normally don't engage in peeing contests with skunks because of the foul smell, but here goes!!!!

I have been the only person who has made reference to Pink Panties in any recent posts on this site. I therefore feel you have singled me out as to being untruthful and would like to start one of your personal attacks on me. If you have an issue with the Pink Panties color Jr.Streak spoons take it up with Wolverine Tackle Co. as they are the ones who named them and market them. I only post what I use for bait(lures) in my reports. I try to post GPS numbers if there are no easy reference points to relate to such as Niagra and D-Can ect..
    Who are you to talk about B.S. you have even admitted to bending the truth in one of your past posts, you have repeatedly attacked other members on their spelling ability in your previous post even though some of YOUR OWN spelling is less than perfect. I don 't know you and I don't care to know you as your previous posts have more than defined your inferior personality. The numbers that I posted in an earlier post were the numbers for the area near Northwest Reef which by the way is North West of North Bass Island not Rattlesnake Island. In the future I hope all the other members of this site would read your previous posts and see the amount of negative and personal attacks on other members that you have caried out before they consider anything that you might want them to believe let alone use for location or programs. That is, if you ever do post somthing that contains usable truthful information as to locations and programs and not critical of those who do post truthful information. I am not angry with you but I do feel sorry for you. Subject closed!
    Good Day:
    Wakina

Post Thanks / Like

Very well said!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Fish migration

Are the fish moving to shallower water ?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up fish moving

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    Are the fish moving to shallower water ?
    moving east and going very where

Post Thanks / Like

Talking 10lbder

spoony go to bragging board on lake erie walleye .com and check out the 10lbder i got on the charter we went on out of astabula ohio it will be top right

Post Thanks / Like

Walleye report first.

The larger fish have moved over toward the Huron area and as fare east as the lorain area. As fore us over here east of Clev. we're in a dead zone all the way to the state line. Where did the fish go this year?????? I'ts anyones guess. I've fished all the way from the shore line to the US Border. And NOTHING. Charters are dieing at the dock,No fisherman, No fish,No funds. The only good news has been fron the sand bar area. And the guys that have fished this area. They same the numbers have grown. The guys from Huron say the same thing.

As for slamming us that "TROLL" we catch fish all the time on lures such as pink panties and monkey puke. Just becuase you live in shallow water, (western lake erie) Not all of us do. And your foolish idea's that casting and drifting is the only way of fill a cooler is wrong. I do what ever it takes to fill the cooler. ANd if that means casting, well so be it.

I don't like the idea of spending hundreds of $$ on $$. But that is the sport we have choosen. And if thats not fitting into your budget, Then take up GOLF. I'm sure you'll get to hit as many balls for your $$ as you want.

But some how I bet you'll be *****'in about lost balls in some "GOLF chat room somewhere.
    Part time fisherman, Full time fish finder.

Post Thanks / Like

Default stop it

stop fighting and tell me where to find the jumbo perch and ill tell you where the walleye are. there is fish off crane creek walleye 12 18 ft and perch 20-22 ft trollers are doing better then casters lots of trollers getting limits we been perching and getting limits usally 4 hours 4 guys lots of 7 inch fish we weed them out and watch the trollers net fish right by us ill try the bottom bouncers we killed them there this spring late may with pink harnesses on 4 ounce bouncers on the lee way side of the boat caught 100 in 3 days but that was then what i want is 9-13 inch perch on the western basin seems like last year we caught so many small ones i was saying man next year will be great but they are just as small we must be the hatchery on this end of the lake where is the jumbos last time out 4 man limit 18 pounds not that great but there is fish in the cooler