7-19 & 20 7-19 & 20 7-19 & 20 7-19 & 20
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 7-19 & 20

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7-19 & 20

Went a few miles out from Fenwick Sun evening. Trolled a little of everything and only caught 2 15" walleye in 3 hrs. There were a lot of boats east of West Sister and I heard they were doing ok. Mon decided to go to Kelly's. Started several miles east with no luck. Moved in closer to the east side where there were a lot of boats. Most were perch fishing and seemed to be doing pretty good. Not sure about the size. The boats trolling for eyes picked up a few, but it was slow. Heard reports that it was good Sunday. The white bass were thick in this area.

I tried trolling reef runners for the first time on jets. Is this possible ? I couldn't get the jets to stay down no matter how long of a leader I used.

fbcoachfisherman Guest

Reefrunners are generally not intended to run behind a jet. They are intended for a depth on their own depending on the model used. Some guys do use snap weights to get more depth. But, in general, they are trolled alone. The precision trolling book can tell you the depth they run with the amount of line out and type of line you are using.

Most guys will run them back (ex. 75' back), then put on an inline board and run them out from there. Some guys use big boards too. Hope this helps.

mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default reef runners

I run the shallow running reef runners behind dipsey's when I'm getting alot of junk fish, they work quite well. I've tried jets and only had luck with small crank baits that run shallow.

fbcoachfisherman Guest

I have not tried to run them behind dipsey's, but know they won't run behind jets.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up reef runners

i use 2or3 oz weight works great can tell when fish hit easier