June 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports June 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports June 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports June 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 6/14 report

Fished Sunday morning Norhtwest of Rattlesnake from 8:00 am till 2:00 pm 2 guys caught 9 walleye with 6 keepers and tossed back 3 that were just under at 14 1/2 inches. c. Trolled stinger spoons on jet 30's back 130 to 70 and found most action around 80 feet back. Caught a ton of sheephead and white bass when we fished 100 feet back. Best color was copper green puke and a couple on watermelon. Left to fish an hour for smallmouth around the islands using softcraws. Caught and released 3 with one 5 pounder. Water was finally looking good! Didn't slay the fish but what a great day on the lake considering East wind, low waves and mayfly hatch.

MoonDog Guest

went out last night with 2 buddies from cooley canal, tried in close and worked our way out to the island

SKUNKED SKUNKED SKUNKED

Begining to be a natural occurance.... And i used to do great on the lake...

Tried trolling, drifting, casting, bottom bouncers, inlines, dipseys, jets, spoons, harnesses, mayfly rigs, nuggets, erie dearies, and NOTHING. Listend to guys on the radio catchin in 17 FOW, but i couldnt snag a weed if my life depended on it. Apparently I suck at this big time! Walleye capital and I cant get ONE... I should just go buy some and end the heartache and money I'm throwin down the drain to feed the family. Begining to hate Walleye. As you can probably tell, I'm pretty bummed to say the least!

MD AKA No Fish AKA No Help

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Sunday morning/afternoon 9 - 2 just north of the airport at Kellys.

Two of us trolled #40 Jets 100 to 125 ft back with monkey puke stinger spoons and caught 0 walleyes. Caught 4 white bass and 6 sheep head (two of the biggest sheep head I've ever seen.) Hope next weekend things will get better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Your not alone !

Most of the reports I have seen are pretty consistant with your results it is going to be slow for a while yet but dont give up , during the may fly hatch there is always a slow period while they gorge on may fly larvae and thats ok because it makes them big and fat in the fall so just hang in there.

Post Thanks / Like

ahh yes. the same goes here. tried everthing in the arsenal to no avail. was blown away at the lack of boats on the lake. you would think that fathers day would be a busy one.
    we will let the eyes digest those nasty mayflies then go after them later!
    Last edited by mdrury; 06-21-2009 at 09:13 PM.

eerie drifter Guest

Moondog don't fret. Wrong place, wrong time. We got only 3 fishin the mi/ohio line straight off stoney point. There were way more boats 1-2 miles toward Sputnik in Ohio water. I was in 27-28 FOW on the Mich side with bouncers. Like you we threw everything at 'em. Fish flies aren't as bad I think because of the weather? Normally bait shop wall is solid with them but nary a one now. Next weekend, Ohio licesnse, go near West Sister.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished on Saturday 20th...Started a 6:00 am between the sputnik and middle sister. Trolled with jet diver #20 set back 140ft with spoons. Fished until noon and boated 18 with one throwback. The biggest was 25 inches 5.06lbs. The best spoon was a gold with black spots. Fished until noon. The fishing was better early on in the morning before the wind began to blow.

Net Hog Guest

Default Fished Sunday 6/21

Fished a couple hours Sunday afternoon (6/21) between west sister and middle sister in 32 fow and lucked in to 1 nice walleye. NE wind and may flys were not helping things. I talked to a couple people that did well perch fishing north of the intake.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Mayflies,walleye,perch

Well I know the walleye fishing is rough this year. Seems like they never really haved schooled up any.
    Sunday and today, on the fishfinder all kinds of mayfly larvae streams on the bottom. Are we headed for 2 or 3 more weeks of hatches?
    All the Perch we caught had mayflies in there bellies. It sure doesn"t shut them down too much. Hang in there fishermen.
    FredsterL.

RAYRAY Guest

Cool Irish drifter

12 men throwing green bead harnesses caught
    29 keepers sat 6-20, 16 on sunday. Fished
    nw of west sister. 20 mile from port clinton.
    Last year same weekend boat limit.