ISO charter for 6-8 ISO charter for 6-8 ISO charter for 6-8 ISO charter for 6-8
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ISO charter for 6-8

Hello friends!

My boss has tasked me to find a walleye charter for a company outing on June 8th. The total number of people is not yet set but it would be at max 11 people. We would be looking to walleye fish with a preference to cast/drift fish and then switch to trolling if “needed” (better to catch trolling than strike out casting!). Would also be interested in switching to smallmouth fishing if we happen to limit out early and/or if that is ever an option. The plan is for the group to stay at Put in Bay for the weekend (Friday-Sunday) so we would need “picked up” from the island if anyone can/offer that.

Anyone on here able to accommodate that? If not, any suggestions? I have reached out to a couple places directly but so far each has said they are booked already.

As always, thanks in advance for the help!!

T

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ISO charter for 6-8

Quote Originally Posted by tomdury View Post
    Hello friends!

My boss has tasked me to find a walleye charter for a company outing on June 8th. The total number of people is not yet set but it would be at max 11 people. We would be looking to walleye fish with a preference to cast/drift fish and then switch to trolling if “needed” (better to catch trolling than strike out casting!). Would also be interested in switching to smallmouth fishing if we happen to limit out early and/or if that is ever an option. The plan is for the group to stay at Put in Bay for the weekend (Friday-Sunday) so we would need “picked up” from the island if anyone can/offer that.

Anyone on here able to accommodate that? If not, any suggestions? I have reached out to a couple places directly but so far each has said they are booked already.

As always, thanks in advance for the help!!

T
    sea breeze, just ask not to have Big Mike

Post Thanks / Like

already emailed Sea Breeze, he said they are full

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.
    Post Thanks / Like

June 8th is a Saturday right in the middle of the best overall walleye fishing for most people (warm, lots of fish, don't have to go far). I doubt any charter operation has a morning available, they will all be booked. You have two other issues. You're on South Bass, and you have more than 6 people, nearly double that. If you want everyone on the same boat, your options are few. Call the head boats in Port Clinton. They have smaller boats for parties just like yours you can charter just for your party. Drawbridge Marina, Fisherman's Wharf, Tibbels, etc. However, I'm not sure they will go to South Bass, and if they do, it's probably an additional charge (30-40 minutes just to get there). Or you can divide up into two groups, and take two boats (six people per boat). But you are back to the same issue - finding a charter that is available on that day, with two boats. Very unlikely. There is a charter that operates out of South Bass (Put-in-Bay). Same issue there. But call them to find out.

Your other option is an afternoon / evening charter. You are much more likley to find a boat. Inquire about that.

Other than a cancellation, it will be real hard to find a morning charter for a Weekend in June.

Also, there are probably a few web sites for charter booking that offer multiple operations. Look online for those, better chance of finding someone.

Good luck!