Erie Report Erie Report Erie Report Erie Report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Erie Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Erie Report

Sorry for the belated report. Still getting caught up. I had my cousins, my uncle and one of my cousin's buddies in town from SD last week. We fished Erie for 5 days and the Detroit River for 2 days. Got our limits and then some every day but one.

We launched from the MI side and fished the shallows over rocky flats in 12-16 fow. 25-35 back was our best leads.

Best patterns for the week were:

Blue and Chartreuse - Most consistent pattern all week
    Fermi-Nuff - The regular one was good when cloudy, but the chrome one was awesome in high sun.
    Purple Passion - Both of them were good, but the white one was on fire the first two days.

We had many fish over 7 lbs and most of those big ones went back. The first fish of the trip was almost 11 lbs. Not a bad way to start.

In the river on Monday, we struggled to catch any decent ones. We were out during the eclipse, which was odd. It looked like a huge storm was coming and then it got sunny again. Tuesday on the river we did much better. I caught 26 walleyes myself and between the two boats we had over 60 keepers, plus lots of dinks. The CAN side had all the good ones.

On Wednesday, we went back to Erie and the water had cleaned up a ton. That day, the best patterns were:

Dottin' Eyes
    Blue and Chartreuse Chrome
    Purple Passion Chrome
    Glacier Shad

Water temps were pushing 50 and the best speed was 1.5-1.6. After we caught a limit, we decided to cast blade baits and we caught a few more walleyes doing that, along with some bonus smallies and a huge sheep.

Cheers,

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images Erie Report-20240415184359-jpg Erie Report-20240415184502-jpg Erie Report-20240415184809-jpg 
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Erie Report

Did you try the "Mint Condition"?
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    Did you try the "Mint Condition"?
    I didn't...too many choices and not enough rods to run them on. I run my side and my cousin was running his and we were in CAN water, so I could only run two at a time. Fermi-Nuff was awesome and I caught the biggest one on Black and Gold Foil. That used to be the first one of out my box, but I hadn't tried it lately. I am glad I gave it a shot, because it certainly came through for me. Mint Condition probably would have worked great though on the first two days when the water was stained and the skies were cloudy. My cousin was crushing them on Purple Passion. Once it got sunny, it was definitely a chrome bite.
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
    I didn't...too many choices and not enough rods to run them on. I run my side and my cousin was running his and we were in CAN water, so I could only run two at a time. Fermi-Nuff was awesome and I caught the biggest one on Black and Gold Foil. That used to be the first one of out my box, but I hadn't tried it lately. I am glad I gave it a shot, because it certainly came through for me. Mint Condition probably would have worked great though on the first two days when the water was stained and the skies were cloudy. My cousin was crushing them on Purple Passion. Once it got sunny, it was definitely a chrome bite.
    I have one of those black and gold foil ones....I've never had it out, but almost chose it the last time out, but I let the customer pick a color instead, and she didn't pick that one. lol

I will try it on Sunday...
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

Give it a shot on sunny days. It used to be my go-to pattern for sunny days before I had chrome blanks. It’s a very natural looking pattern with some flash. When we get to our limits and start playing C&R we usually play a game where we can only catch one fish per bait and then it has to come off. That forces us to try stuff we haven’t ran in a while.