2/26 PB Report 2/26 PB Report 2/26 PB Report 2/26 PB Report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2/26 PB Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2/26 PB Report

Got to take a friend along with me today and had a really great day on beautiful Lake Erie. We launched out of Vermilion just before sunrise and got out on the lake in time to see the sun rise over the calm waters. Headed northeast until we got to 42 fow and started checking for good marks. It wasn't until we got out to about 47 fow that I started see the kind of marks that I liked. We pulled mostly P10's and DDHJ's. For the first couple hours we had a pretty consistent bite and within about 3 hours we had our limit. Speed was 1.2 to 1.6 but it seemed like change in speed triggered the bite as much or more than just a constant speed. About the time we had around 8 or 9 in the boat I noticed my outside board going off. I was running a Livingston EBS Walleye 136 in Tequila Sunrise on that board. I think it was set at 40/20. After releasing the board and letting it drift to the back of the boat I began to slowly reel it in. I wish I could say that it pulled as hard as any walleye I ever caught, but it definitely did not. In fact compared to the other ones that I caught that morning, this one came in as easy as any of them. All I can figure is that it must have been swimming towards the boat most of the time because when I was able to see it I was quite shocked at the size. My net man got the net caught on the boat on his first attempt to land her, but then was successful on his second attempt. Whew!!! It was definitely the fattest walleye I ever caught and she weighed in at 9.67 lbs. I know most of you have probably caught bigger eyes than that, but for me it was my PB!
    I want to thank you all for all your input on this forum. I know for myself I wouldn't be nearly as successful without people sharing the things they have learned, and a special thanks to Capt. Juls. So I guess in a small way this post is to give back to you all for all that I have benefitted.
    Good luck to all and God Bless!
    Attached Images Attached Images 2/26 PB Report-pb-walleye-2-26-24-jpg 
    Last edited by Lynn M; 02-27-2024 at 11:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2/26 PB Report

Nice Job!!! Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna Chaser View Post
    Nice Job!!! Congratulations!
    Thanks Tuna Chaser!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on a limit and that slob Lynn! Thank you for a great report. Keeping us very excited for this coming weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your PB, and catching your limit! Job well done...
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

She is a beauty. I got a kick out of, "My net man got the net caught on the boat on his first attempt"!

We call that the Laurel and Hardy moment and turn on the circus music. Times like those I wish I had a GoPro. Gotta love it especially when it all works out!