11/25 report 11/25 report 11/25 report 11/25 report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 11/25 report

Post Thanks / Like

Default 11/25 report

It was 26 in the morning, so we waited until mid day when it warmed to a balmy 36. We launched out of Mazuriks and headed strait to the area south of S Bass we have been working for the last few weeks. We concentrated in the deeper 40 to 50+ channel.

It was just Christy and I, so we set out 4 inline boards to port and deployed the side downriggers (2). We stayed with the same program as before but shifted deeper as that was giving up the better quality eyes.

The boards ended up out 140,125, 110, and 90, pulling naked Bandits. Seasick frog in white, Seasick frog in chrome, and fruit dot caught our smaller fish (not really small, mostly 3 pounders).

The riggers were the real producers and accounted for all of our bigger fish. They were working 30 to 40 down pulling P10s in Perchase and Ctown. They produced 1 over 8, 2 over 6, and several 4s (by boat scale).

We didn't change up colors as all of the above caught steady. Riggers non stop, boards not so much. NOTE: the riggers caught at the slower speeds 1.2 and the boards faster 1.6

We released the bigger fish and kept 12, 3-4 pounder ish for the freezer. Someone ask what we do with all those fish: we give our catch to the guests who fish with us, so it is nice to be able to stock our freezer for the winter.

Water temps were 34 and we trolled 1.2 to 1.6 mph fishhawk give or take.

It looks like weather, personal obligations, and holidays will keep us grounded for some time. I stabilized the gas just in case we don't get back out until March when we typically start back.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 11/25 report

just curious old semi retired capt back in day not allowed to give customers your fish have a fine paid circa 1998 not judging just dont wont you or any body else get popped for trying to help your customers when you and them can get in trouble

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of charter captain not allowed to give their fish to anyone they pleased.The only rule I know for walleye is that each person only allowed to reel in their 6 fish.Thanks for report Mike.Hope you can get out again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Tiger View Post
    The boards ended up out 140,125, 110, and 90, pulling naked Bandits. Seasick frog in white, Seasick frog in chrome, and fruit dot caught our smaller fish (not really small, mostly 3 pounders).

The riggers were the real producers and accounted for all of our bigger fish. They were working 30 to 40 down pulling P10s in Perchase and Ctown. They produced 1 over 8, 2 over 6, and several 4s (by boat scale).
    Hey Mike, I found this part of your report to be very interesting and informative. I will need to log this in my memory bank (or what's left of it) for future trips. Thanks for the great report as always!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    just curious old semi retired capt back in day not allowed to give customers your fish have a fine paid circa 1998 not judging just dont wont you or any body else get popped for trying to help your customers when you and them can get in trouble
    I talked to the ODNR about this subject several years ago, and was told that we can GIVE our fish to a customer, if we want, but we are not allowed to SELL them the fish.

Also, we need to give them a note stating that we gave them the fish with a signature and date on it, in case they were ever checked.

Anyone can do whatever they want with their own limit...keep it, or give it away. You just can't sell them.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

fyi your not allowed to sell any mounted fish either...i found that out when trying to sell a couple mounted 10 lbers...ok in mich...sold them to a guy who has them in his cabin overlooking the saint marys river

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman 2 View Post
    fyi your not allowed to sell any mounted fish either...i found that out when trying to sell a couple mounted 10 lbers...ok in mich...sold them to a guy who has them in his cabin overlooking the saint marys river
    That surprises me, because you pay to have them mounted, and the actual fish is no longer inside the skin, so it doesn't make sense to me, that you couldn't sell it, to recoup some of the money spent to get it mounted.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters