8/1123 report 8/1123 report 8/1123 report 8/1123 report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 8/1123 report

Post Thanks / Like

Default 8/1123 report

Daughter and I both got our limit before 9am straight out of Fenwick in 23 fow. N41.67516, W083.13626. Marked some specs on bottom there and anchored and never moved.
    We used 8# mono on cheap rods. 1 oz weights. Spreader with no bling and snells with #6 gold aberdeens. Emerald shiners from A&J.
    Lots of doubles. Only two "white perch" or whatever those things are. We sorted until we ran out of bait around 10am. The bite was still strong when we left. By the time we left there were 50 other boats there. Very enjoyable morning.
    I will say that we caught some of our biggest perch on just left over pieces of minnows. Eg., just a mutilated head, or a mutilated body with no head. Maybe this was an exceptional bite, but I don't see how it matters what kind of shiner you use. There was no way to tell these were emerald pieces versus any other variety.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 8/1123 report

Those perch can tell the difference, whether taste, smell or whatever. On days where the bite is really on, I have used pieces of white rag...but those days are exceptional like yours. Sounds like an awesome day!!