Weather Update Weather Update Weather Update Weather Update
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Weather Update

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Weather Update

It's been ugly. They are predicting the Maumee River to reach 12'. That's 3' over flood stage. End effect will be dirty water from Maumee Bay along the shoreline all the way to the reefs. Needless to say we all know where the current runs along Magee Marsh/Crane Creek so that will take a little more time to seal again.

We are experiencing hefty winds as I write this. I can hear it blowing from inside my house and I have a brick house. Blowing hard out of the west (gusts 40+). This will probably peel ice off Cawtaba and spew it into the open water area east of the islands. Thus say goodbye to getting off Millers Ferry towards Mouse Reef. I hope I am wrong.

The safest area and best chances will be Camp Perry. The reefs push the current NE up and around Port Clinton bay towards the Islands/ South Passage. Many people also access this area from Cawtaba by heading NW or due W. Seemed to me all we had to do was find 22-24 FOW with a little current

I'll go for a road trip and check after the wind settles down.

Be safe. I'll post what I find

Push comes to shove-- the bluegills and crappie should be coming out of the deep water soon.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks let me know how the road trip turns out. I'd love to make it out 1 more time on the ice but it doesn't look good. It was great while it lasted!!

fishwagon Guest

Default forget it

forget it the ice is stacked up 30 plus feet off catawba and at all the reefs as far as you can see imposible to get out even by airboat. 75 percent open water

fishwagon Guest

Default forget ot

forget it the ice is piled up 30 plus feet high off catawba state park imposible even for an air boat to get out. lake 75 percent open water. see you on the ice in about 2 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Bummer

Now that's depressing. Looks like it's time to focus on panfish. Not quite the tug, bug they are tasty

Post Thanks / Like

Default panfish

Jiginitis: Where in the PC area is there good panfishing? I fish the lake all the time, but never really learned good places to catch panfish.

190Fishmaster Guest

We should get a run of walleye in the Maumee when the water goes down but the upcoming cold nights might hold them up.