Fished both Thursday 9/20 evening and Sunday 9/23 morning. 3-4 footers Thursday and 3 footers Sunday. Fished at the end of the shipping channel 13 miles out from Meinke's at 37 degrees. 5 guys each day using goldies.

Thursday we kept 85 perch and threw back another 35 small ones. Moved 3 times - fished for about 2 1/2 hours. We were the only boat on the water except for a few sail boats.

Sunday we kept 87 perch and threw another 40+ small ones back. After the first 1 1/2 hours, we only had 4 perch after 3 moves. Moved a total of 5 times before we found a spot where they would bite. Fished a total of 4 1/2 hours. Largest were 5 just over 11". Most were between 9"-10". DNR measured fish back at the dock and complimented on the average size we had. They said that most people were not doing very well. The 5th spot that I moved to was were a boat had caught their limit earlier in the morning in about 2 hours. I was fishing less than 500 feet away not catching anything until I moved to where they had caught their fish. All fish caught on bare wire spreaders and bare red or gold hooks. Anything with beads or blades did not catch anything. Most fish caught as you would lift the bait slowly off the bottom.