March Fishing March Fishing March Fishing March Fishing
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: March Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default March Fishing

I packed all the Ice gear away last week Never used it once this year.

March is close enough that it's time to start getting ready for that Spring bite! I for one am hoping to get out as early as the first week of March.

It's good to keep in contact with other boats and help each other out. That water is so cold and dangerous. Each year for the last 4-5 years that I personally know of, there has either been a boating accident that caused death, or a rescue that saved people who would have faced certain death within a few minutes had someone not seen them.

I see a lot of post of guys coming up for the first time this year, or maybe second, and thinking of an early March trip because the weather is so good and no ice. Please keep in mind that March fishing is still cold and the water is still a killer within minutes. Please be safe! It's always nice when guys from in here post on the forums and meet up on the Lake. If I'm out on the water I'm always on 79. Feel free to give a shout and share info.

-Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Great advice Matt. Being a guy that would be running solo to fish out there, it really is crucial to take every step possible for safety. Mother Nature has to mercy on that water.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so ready to get out there, netting 8# and bigger walleye for people. March-April is really a special time. I need to go do some fun fishing myself, new house.. need a couple hawgs to hang on the fireplace

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so freaking ready to get back to trolling. Last year we missed the best fishing rigging the new boat. I've been looking forward to jigging and trolling for the big girls for a year.

Everyone be safe. If we're there we monitor 79 as well.

Post Thanks / Like

All really valid points. It is definitely a plus to know others and plan your trips according to weather conditions. Such a awsome fishery this time of year! I too monitor Channel 79 and will be out on the good March weekends.