Great news. Great news. Great news. Great news.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Great news.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great news.

Ran across this on Facebook just thought I would share...
    June 29 Walleye fishing report Lake Erie's Western Basin, Port Clinton, OH

Lake Erie had a very good walleye hatch in 2014 - and a near record hatch in 2015 We are handling 90 to 150 of these a day at times with a crew of six. These walleye are prime eaters and are now sizing up filling the coolers. Lake Erie walleye put on their growth spurt starting in mid June July and August after they gorge them selves for several weeks on their super food Mayfly's - They grow fast. Lake Erie's Western Basin is loaded with two year old walleye and the feasting has been on -These two year old are now starting to measure up to legal size. With each passing week that many more will be legal. A 14 inch walleye in May will be 16 inches in August. We have a excellent set up for this July, August and Sept. The Lake is absolutely loaded with two old walleye and enough three year old walleye to bring size to the equation. Lake Erie's western basin is primed for above average walleye fishing this summer and fall and for the many years to come! The two year old walleye are now active inside the out side shelf break 24 feet of water or so any where from Lumas Reef on the Michigan border to the dumping grounds off Toledo Light , Little Cedar Point off Crane Creek all around the western basin reef complex , A Can to Niagara Reef to H can, Clinton Reef. They are every where!

Lake Erie is having a light algae bloom which means these fish are not going any where we are also seeing pinheads baby emerald shiners. Gator food!

The abundance of two year old walleye are being piggy backed with a near record hatch from last year 2015. It is hard to visualize that next year there will be three times as many two year old walleye as this year! What a picture perfect set up for the future walleye fishing in Lake Erie.

Expect BONZI walleye fishing this July August and September on Lake Erie's Western basin.

(The walleye capitol of the world !)

Post Thanks / Like

Was that an ODNR report?

Post Thanks / Like

No it was not the dnr , it was a charter boat captain.

Post Thanks / Like

That was report I saw come vanna put out.would be great fishing,catching a 6 fish limit of 15" walleye.When you got those fish filleted,will not be much for a fish fry.

Post Thanks / Like

Meant Coe Vanna.They do put out great fishing reports and I read them during the fishing season.

Post Thanks / Like

I won't keep fish under 17 myself. But it looks really good for a couple years out.

Post Thanks / Like

any body grill them scale them hog dress try to butterfly as much as possible take foil put butter down slices of sweet onion bacon strips garlic and old bay seal foil so it steams the fish around 10 minutes delicious on grill salt and pepper to taste

Post Thanks / Like

So long as I have fish in the freezer, I don't keep them if under 17 myself, unless I'm one shy of limiting out and then I might 'just because.'

I agree though, 2 years of good hatches in a row bodes good things for next year, when those 12-17" fish will be in the upper teens or low 20s in length... that is perfect eating size!