Ughh.....hard time catching fish. Frustrated Ughh.....hard time catching fish. Frustrated Ughh.....hard time catching fish. Frustrated Ughh.....hard time catching fish. Frustrated
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm dock 55. It's been a struggle for even the most seasoned charter captains this season. So, don't think you're the only one frustrated. We like everybody at CGM to catch fish! Stop by any of our docks. You must be right around the corner form me. Pyle o Fish I believe is at 59.
    Captain Greg
    Walleye2go Sportfishing

Post Thanks / Like

I got stuck in the beginning also. Everyone on here helped out whenever they could. Captain Jim (skipper9) gave all the advice he could. In the end an old timer and friend told me this. ... kiss. . Keep it simple stupid so now I mostly run meat off in line boards with 2 Oz weight. I start high and work my way deeper until I get them. Walleye can't see down! Lol hope that helps

Post Thanks / Like

Also, I only run from 1.5 to 2.0mph sog mostly

Post Thanks / Like

I have had better luck at .8 to 1.2 mph with 1 ounce inline weights and 6 ft leaders attached to worm harnesses behind offshore planer boards. Also for me at least, the best fishing is further east than you are fishing. Huron to Loraine. That has been my experience since early June most years. Also 10 lb XT follows most of the dive charts that I have seen. Since changing my reels to 10lb XT seems that we have been able to put our bait into the strike zone much more consistently. An older gentleman gave me this advice in the parking lot of the hotel that I was staying at a while back. I took his advice and now put more quality fish into my boat than I did ever before.

Post Thanks / Like

I big THANK YOU for all the help, suggestions, emails, phone calls...everyone has been extremely gracious in offering encouragement. Went out today and picked up five, two were fish Ohio. Thanks Capt Larry!

Going to make some modifications to my big board tow lines. Adding bungee cords to absorb the shock of big waves.