Jets Jets Jets Jets
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Jets

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jets

Never ran them before. What size do you all use? Was looking at 10s or 20s because prevision trolling dive curves with those are with 10# line vs 30# braid with the bigger sizes, would be nice to run on my current 10# setups and not have to but new rods/reels and put braid on.

Do you all run harnesses with then at all or just spoons?

Do you just run main line to jet and a leader to the bait or have to use a 3 way like on the back of the jet packaging?

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

I run jet 30's with 10# mono or braid with no issues. Can run spoons or harnesses. I'll pull the 30's off of inline boards also. Run the main line to the jet and then either a leader to a spoon or a 6' harness.

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect thank you! I have big boards in use for musky but have just been running in lines for eyes so that's helps a lot!

Post Thanks / Like

Most people who run big boards will use the TT 40 Divers or the Jet 40 divers. I use the TT 40 divers with my small Church Tackle Boards (TX_22 And the Walleye Boards) but have been told the Off Shore Boards don't perform well with the TT 40 Divers. They work well with the jet 40 diver as they don't pull as hard or dive as deep quickly. I have heard of no complaints about the TT-30 divers with any of the small boards.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Do you all have opinions/experience on how the tadpoles compare to jets?

Post Thanks / Like

Jets and TT's will suspend or rise slowly on the inside/slower side when making turns. Tadpoles will sink or seek a deeper depth which is fine if they will not get into the rocks and get hung up on the inside/slower side of the boat. To me the Tad Poles are a diving inline weight.
    Last edited by wakina; 05-18-2016 at 06:07 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Gotcha, makes sense. Already have in lines so I'll probably pick up some jets to have both options. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Mono or braid, both work.
    For fishing around Brestbay/Bolles Jet 30's would be your best choice. Or TT if you get those. The#10 are good when your running shallow water 6 to 10ft which isn't very often I'd expect. They allow you to get the bait choices further away from the boat and inline board in clear water conditions. Again, not very often required. The #30 covers the water column quite well. Pretty nice to only let out say 40 feet of line and be near bottom in those areas. Fishing out by West Sister to Huron you would want the #40's or #50's if you have large boards.
    Like mentioned, Jets float and in tight (sometimes forced) turns keeps the bait from sinking and contacting bottom. Also, since they are a diving device, in rough water you will have less surge to your baits than if you ran inline weights, snap weights if that makes sense. They also allow you to float your bait back behind the boat when re-baiting/re-setting lines. Unlike weights that would sink.
    You can pull meat, shallow diving cranks or spoon behind the jets.
    Since I do not use big boards, I prefer using weights. Less line out and less pull.
    I did make my own releases for my jets many years ago. Left over Offshore black releases, #30 coated cable and some crimps. Extremely constant release vs the brands I bought back then that had come out which were not very constant at that time. I believe those sets up have been improved.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.