Question to the Captains about trolling courtesy & protocol in a pack Question to the Captains about trolling courtesy & protocol in a pack Question to the Captains about trolling courtesy & protocol in a pack Question to the Captains about trolling courtesy & protocol in a pack
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

I m not sure if you say this because of my question, but as I stated in my original question, (I had been drifting for close to a mile,) I did not shut down in front of anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Madd Matt, sounds like some good wisdom from Grandpa. You may be an amateur but I am a true rookie when it comes to trolling, just thought it was a good thread to start being I see a few others here may also be new to this. Lots of good info here everyone, thanks for your replies.

So were you the Large Cat out around Niagra over the weekend Matt. I fished there Fri. -Sun. and noticed a rather large cat in the area, but never got real close. Heard the talk on the radio about a cat taking on water but assuming that was not you, hopefully.

My two cents as a rookie. I try to get all set up and trolling maybe .5 mile away from the group and then gradually troll into the pack if I want to join the merry go round. To be honest we have more luck trolling the NE edge of the traffic area an it is a lot more relaxing.

On Sunday we trolled with the group in that tight pack close to Niagra and I noticed no one was around D can so we moved that way and picked up a few right away with 100 yards from the can and no one was around us. Seems 15 minutes later we had 10 boats around us. Good Fun.
    Dave(snothere)
    2352 Trophy Hardtop WA
    Channel Grove Marina
    Sammy the Lucky Golden