Not Ready to Stop Fishing Not Ready to Stop Fishing Not Ready to Stop Fishing Not Ready to Stop Fishing
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Not Ready to Stop Fishing

I'm thankful for the great fishing year we've had so far but I was not ready to hang it up but it looks like the boat may have a different opinion. Just found a crack in the "Upper Gearcase" of my OMC 400 outdrive. The least expensive repair I've found so far has been at least $700. Does anyone have an old OMC 400 outdrive lying around or know someone who works on these on the side? Any help would be greatly appreciated. "The wife is unhappy because she can't go fishing; when the wife is unhappy, I'm unhappy!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately OMC stuff is hard to find, check craigslist frequently and by all means ask around lots of stuff laying around in somebodys garage. How bad is the crack? I have seen that JB weld material do some pretty wild repairs on thing you would never expect it to repair. With the season comming to a close soon, can you get by with a temp fix on it? If I were this close to end of season I would certainly give it some consideration. Also check the " I-BOATS" boating forum as they have been extremely helpfull in solving my boating problems.

Airshot

Post Thanks / Like

there was a guy in western new york that had parts for tons of motors. I had an old evinrude that he had everything I needed no problem. For the life of me however, I can not rememebr the number or name. Try google for boat motor parts western new york and see what you may find.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't now exactly what you need , I am not familiar with OMC drives but this may have what you need.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca..._ipg=200&rt=nc
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information. I've found the lower and intermediate housings for the outdrive I have but not the upper that I need. I did find one locally but I can't swing (or justify) the $600 for it right now. I'm hoping to stumble on an old outdrive that I can possibly salvage the upper housing off of. If anyone comes across one, please keep me in mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Default outdrive

Quote Originally Posted by Mark66 View Post
    I'm thankful for the great fishing year we've had so far but I was not ready to hang it up but it looks like the boat may have a different opinion. Just found a crack in the "Upper Gearcase" of my OMC 400 outdrive. The least expensive repair I've found so far has been at least $700. Does anyone have an old OMC 400 outdrive lying around or know someone who works on these on the side? Any help would be greatly appreciated. "The wife is unhappy because she can't go fishing; when the wife is unhappy, I'm unhappy!!!"
    Please e mail me a photo of your outdrive I think I have a rebuilt one out in the barn.
    Please e mail [email protected]