trolling sdvice trolling sdvice trolling sdvice trolling sdvice
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: trolling sdvice

Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling advice jet 40's and tru trip 40's

Hey guys i thought maybe you could help me a little . Could you advise me on what line and rod combo to use when trolling jet diver 40 and tru trip 40. I am going to add them to my collection of fishing stuff. I have been using jet 20 when in 15 t 20 ish water, but as the fish seem to move to deeper water later in the summer I think Jet 40's would make it faster easier to reach target depth.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Mitch
    Last edited by mitch4570; 06-19-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

are you planning to run them off boards or flatline them?? if your running them off big boards then the same rods your using should be fine. but if your using inline boards or flatlining them then your going to need a stiffer rod.

as for line i reccomend atleast 30 lb braid for any type of diver fishing with divers that trip. it just makes it so much better to trip the divers. the first time i seen divers used i was on a charter boat. he used 65 lb braid. so when i started doing it myself i wanted to match what he did as best as i could. so i use 65 lb braid for my main line. then i use a 20 lb seaguar floro leader.
    sherman

Post Thanks / Like

For me,I run inline boards, jets, #17 mono, ML uglysticks and don't have a problem. One of my charter buddies strickly runs jet 40's/spoons using the same ML uglysticks with the big boards. Just another perspective. Heck I run up to 8oz bouncers off those rods without a problem.
    As far as releases for the jets, I make my own setup as I believe I get a much better release rate.
    Last edited by ebijack; 06-26-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 7 fter's as does one of my charter buddies. He's the reason I switched years ago. The 7 fters are much easier to handle and store then the 8 or 9 fters. Also for putting divers/baits etc on the rods the 7 fters are alot easier for most folks and are short enough for most boats to where you don't have to put the rod handle so far forward in the boat to reach the rod tip.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.