Fishing Rods for Walleye Fishing Rods for Walleye Fishing Rods for Walleye Fishing Rods for Walleye
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    foadchtr Guest

Default Fishing Rods for Walleye

What Fishing Rods are the best for walleye jigging and spin cast. I am currently using an Ugly Stick medium lite and thinking about getting a firmer rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Default jigging rods

Alot of trial and error and haave found that a 6 foot to 6.5 foot medium with a fast tip gives you better control of the jig. Get at least an IM7-8 or HM85 good name brand rod will do great. I bought a Johnny Morris BP HM85 , 6.5 ft med with fast tip last year for jigging and is a fantastic spinning rod. I use a braid and feel about everything. The med tip rods bend too much for the lift action you need for the jigs. When I start casting spinners for walleye I use the same rods and I also scale down from the fast tip for lite bites. Dont go for the cheap rod because it almost feels like a cue stick for feel. You get what you pay for.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile rods

I use Fenwick and St Croix 6' Med Light action rods. The only stipulation I found is I prefer 1 piece graphite rods.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I am with "Jig-69", I like the St. Croix 1 piece 6 ', I have a new 7 ' Medium (TPO) G. Loomis, I am really wanting to try. I think they have them at Cabela's too, but I got mine through Bass Pro (online).., http://www.tforods.com Good Luck with your search for a good jigging rod !

But I have a question about fishing line. I have stayed with Mono-line... should I try a braid? and/or maybe a mono-leader? Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Last year I bought a fenwick elite tech walleye rod. It is a 6'3" med power, with an extra fast tip. It's made for jigging. I use braided line with a mono leader, and have excellent sensitivity. Here is the website. http://www.fenwickfishing.com. If you check it out click on elite tech and then walleye series. I bought mine thru gandermountain cheaper than thru fenwick.

Post Thanks / Like

I make my own rods, feel I get more what want and like.