Help, perch recipes needed! Help, perch recipes needed! Help, perch recipes needed! Help, perch recipes needed!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    pbmedic Guest

Question Help, perch recipes needed!

Any favorite recipes out there? Hints on oils, batter mixes, temps and fry times would be very appreciated. (filets have skins, but no scales).

Thanks-n-b safe

Labshavit Guest

I like to dredge in milk or egg and bread with plain McCormick cracker crumbs. oil 350 or so only takes a couple of minutes till golden brown. Have done just plain cracker crumbs also and they were excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

Default recipe

For both walleye and perch we have been using "Youngs" batter. Last fish fry my wife mixed 1/2 YOUNGS with 1/2 Bass Pro shops Original "Spicey" fish batter (egg and milk dip first). We deep fry in peanut oil at 350. Batter is very light and makes some of the best tasting fillets I have ever had.
    I also like to do fillets on the grill. Place in foil, smear with a coating of margerine or butter, onions, bacon and any type of your favorite spice. Wrap completely in the foil so you can turn on the grill. Usually about 5 mins per side. fillets will be moist and flaky when you open the foil. Quick and easy way to prep the fish.

Baha299

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch ggod taste

take wheat saltine crackers put in food processor garlic and lawrys season salt.make a powder mix keep going to fine crumbs. dredge in flour then egg then cracker crumbs. fry in cast iron skillet with pure lard or peanut oil fry till golden brown each side dont fry to hot or crumbs will burn salt and pepper to taste. have used olive oil for a lighter taste serve with fries and cole slaw. put cabbage and carrot in processor. add cut up tomato and a couple green onions then mix with hellmans 1 tsp sugar 2 tsp vinegar and salt to taste this i use for family friends its time consuming. for a big party i use drakes with flat beer fresh beer wont stick as well because of the carbonation
    Last edited by rscotfish; 08-14-2009 at 06:10 PM.

smallboatwalleye Guest

My family has always used shore lunch brand. They have a couple varieties. My dad just tried the one specifically for beer batter. He said it left a smoother texture on the fish. I generally use veggy oil with some bacon grease in it. Maybe an 8 to 1 ratio oil to bacon grease.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Perch batters

fIRST OF ALL go to bass pro or ganders or even miejers get the new plastic
    fish ,chicken shaker, I use Itialin bread crumbs, put in bottom of shaker
    dip your fish in beaten egg with a little milk mixed in , place filets on tray,
    close lid, shake back and forth three times, you have perfect covered filets
    just drop in 350 degree oil till they float, and your done, this shaker makes clean up simple, add any spices you want, shaker cost about 10 to 14.00,
    each store has there own type, I only dip fish one time in egg. I also use peanut oil, get it when its on sale,get the 3 or 5 gallon models, last a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default We keep it simple

We roll pretty simple. Crush one sleeve of Keebler white crackers and a half sleeve of Ritz into fine crumbs. Beat 2 eggs with milk to make a wash. Dip fillets in wash and coat both sides thoroughly with crumbs. Fry at 350 until fillets float. Serve with fresh lemon wedges and/or tartar made of Miracle whip, sweet relish and lemon zest.

Adults and kids both seem to love this recipe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Fishermans all natural fry mix

you have to try Fishermans all natural its a ready to use fish fry coating mix that comes in several flavors I prefer the cajun spice not too hot or spicy for me so I add a little more heat , it has a very fine grind to it so it goes on real lite, just lay your filets in it and coat evenly , heat your peanut oil to 350 cook till filets float to top, fries up golden brown ,also you can use as coating mix and spray a lite mist of olive oil or other lite oil and bake in oven either way its great ! I keep several cases of it at my auto repair shop for fish frys and my customers.

pick24 Guest

Default recipe

hey friends ...try FISHCRISP FROM YOUR GROCERY STORE ...its cheap ,easy and tasty.
    just use veg oil heat to 180 in fryer ,i go higher than temp on the dial
    roll fish around in the fishcrisp batter and drop in.
    if you like a sause trust me ,dip fish in italiene dressing ..yummy

Post Thanks / Like

Identical to PCPerchhunter