Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedWilly View Post
If you use the very small sized sampo micro swivel you can use as much as you want in the way of a leader. Alot of guys will use 50 foot of mono infront of the braid. Some will go as short as 6 or 7 foot and use a little bit of a bigger swivel. This length will give you some cushion and still allow you to reel the fish and net it without the swivel stopping the line. Some say the leader acts as a shock absorber and helps you hook up with the fish better. I did it for several years using the micro swivel and mono but just got tired of it. Honestly, I do not notice a big difference in the amount of fish I lose. I think if you pin point your speed to the fishes mood then you get better hook ups. Meaning if the fish are slower and you are seeing fish come off in the net, maybe slow a tenth and see what happens. I think that is more critical. Many will debate how the mono and braid out fish one another but if I had to fish one and had just one all around setup it would be braid as it is more versatile in allowing you to better trip dipsies and works better with jets plus all your other stuff.
+1...........