DIY rod holder mount (not a report) DIY rod holder mount (not a report) DIY rod holder mount (not a report) DIY rod holder mount (not a report)

Default DIY rod holder mount (not a report)

Hey gang, I know some of us pleasure boat users struggle with how to mount our rod holders without drilling holes or having permanent holders on the boat that would interfere with skiing or other family boating fun, so I want to share what I came up with a couple of years ago.

I took a piece of angle steel and made it the exact width of the rear of my cockpit where I already had mounts for my top and welded a 90 degree turn on each end that would sit in the slot where the pin goes through. I used a rubber maillot to fine tune the exact fit so each end fit securely in the mounts. I made sure to put the corner of the angle facing forward so there would not be a sharp edge if someone lost their balance and fell into it.

Once you have your mounting bracket built to fit your particular boat all you have to do is drill and mount your preferred rod holders. I used stainless mounting bolts to eliminated rust problems and the Cannon holders because they can be easily adjusted left, right, up or down. This thing has worked awesome for me and the real beauty is all I have to do is pull 2 pins to remove it and you never knew it was there! Now you are ready for skiing, boaters beach or whatever.

I know many of you have fishing boats all rigged up but this is just my way of incorporating my fishing into my pleasure boat and thought it might help others with the same dilemma.

Very nifty setup! Really innovative also, nice job!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default Still learning

Sorry, I cropped the first pic to where the mount didn't show. I am such a rookie! Maybe with practice I will be able to post a pic of the wall hanger I'm going to catch this year!