tough day tough day tough day tough day
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tough day

Quote Originally Posted by Wallin View Post
    I'll be there thursday morning, think you guys can have that mud cleaned out by then-lol
    I heard they dredged turtle Creek and its good to go?
    Shallowest I had through there yesterday (out past the gas dock) was a stretch reading 3.6 - 3.9 feet. Two weeks ago Sunday I had 2.6 - 2.8 readings through same area. Having said that, it did look like water was up at my floating Turtle dock in the marina too. Don't know if it was that or dredging, but yes, yesterday was better than it has been.

Thanks, 4 day trip is going to do me good just to get on the water, fish will be a bonus, can't wait and thanks.

Same results today. One walleye for 6 hours of fishing. In front of Wild Wings Turtle Creek area. Radio reports all stateing 1 to 2 fish or nothing. In close to out to 14 feet. Asked lady at HH about report and she said they had 3 boats come in about 10 AM with limits. Blade baits. Right out front. I always did say the bait stores never say they are NOT biting.

Default Read in internet

Read it on the internet, Must be true. THEY CAN'T PUT ANYTHING ON THE INTERNET THAT'S NOT TRUE!!!!!

Hey fellas, in defense of us folks at Dreamcatcher Fishing Bait & Tackle, I will honestly tell you good days and bad. No sense wasting your time and hard earned $$ to not produce fish. We are simple people with values just ask and Ill tell ya straight up. Check out my report at dreamcatcherfishing.com or see FISHon205 report from today. He's a regular customer, and true friend and he put fish in the box today nothing to hide no reason to sell ya on the BS, every have any ??'s whether it's worth your time or not email text or call, I'll give it to ya straight up. Also we have pretty good size shiners if yall need them. Tight lines and dont hesitate to ask. Good luck fellas hope to hear from ya!!
    David M Miller
    Dreamcatcher Fishing Bait & Tackle
    912-433-6000
    [email protected]

I went out at 6:30 caught one right away well west of the pack thought it was going to be a good day nope. Fished 5 more hours got three more. The bite was super light. We lost six and the ones we did catch fell off the hook in the net. We were just jigging 6 inch pops off the bottom pretty slow motion for the ones we did catch. I like to use my ultra light when there biting like this. Anyway hopefully it gets better but quick limits today I highly doubt. Also I get Fridays Saturday and Sundays off work now so if anybody wants to go out I'm available Friday and Saturday. Pm me . Maybe trolling Friday.good luck all.

Default 4/26

Got out at 2:30. Fished till 7. 4 guys and we got our limit. We were out in front of Crane Creek in 10-15 fow. Picked up a couple each drift. Picked & Poked at them. Maybe we got lucky. No luck today 4/27. Only got 4 today, but we caught 12 Sheepshead. Don't like seeing that

Default Slow day

Fished from 1pm to 5pm with 3 guys only got 3 lots of bites today just was not able to hook up with more fish saw a few nets in the water around us. we fished right out front of lake front marina 14 to 16 ft

Got out this morning for the first trip of the year. On the water by 6:30 and headed out of Wild Wings. OMG I have never seen so many boats on the lake! Tried in close in front of the channel, nothing. Moved over in front of Davis Besse in 12' of water, nothing. Moved out to Locust Reef, moved to Cone Reef, got 1. Seen a pack of boats out by A-Can and my buddy wanted to run out, there must have been 50 charter boats in the pack. Water depth 25' and did the best we did all day with 5 to finish the day with 7, 3 of which barely made 15". I have no idea why spawning walleye were in 25' of water with a sand bottom. The water was dirty in close and then cleared up nicely and then got dirty again in the 25' area. All of the fish we caught with the exception of one were caught in dirty water.

Listened to many guys on the radio that had one or two walleye and several that had none. I expected the walleye's to be actively spawning and my usual spring hot spots would produce a limit. Strange thing that no walleye were caught on a jib tipped with a minnow, everyone of them were caught on a bare jig.

I am curious to hear if anyone had a good day this morning.

Russ

Default slow fishing

we fun fished Thursday with charter buddy only got 5. Friday went out with other buddy got 7 4 people crane creek turtle creek 8 ft to 16 ft got them on purple no minnows and got some on black Saturday went out with different buddy got 6 4 guys we tried all different colors and weights. some charters got limits Friday but the average was around 12 - 15 fish 8 guys long days the fish we did catch were very nice 24-27 inches I also noticed the fish had heavy red meat or mud lines I cut a lot of meat away even after we zippered them. Saturday we saw all the boats move out to 17 ft so we ran out there nothing then we saw a pack of boats out farther we ran out there 21 ft of water 1 fish. ran back in shallow off wards 10 ft of water 1 boat there saw him net 2 and leave we got 1 more there. great days on the water but expensive fillets but had new pole felt good to say fish on