Looking for advice on a Lund 1800 Fisherman ITS Looking for advice on a Lund 1800 Fisherman ITS Looking for advice on a Lund 1800 Fisherman ITS Looking for advice on a Lund 1800 Fisherman ITS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

All good advice and much appreciated. We will be looking her over good before we buy it, but from talking to the owner on the phone I don't have much reason to be concerned. I believe he took really good care of it and it was always garage kept over the winter. The rest of the time it was in a boat lift under a cover, You can't really tell from the pictures that it has been in the water much, so far looks in really good shape. My only real worry so far is maybe the possibility of landing fish out of the back of a boat with an inboard. I'm guessing that may be a draw back, with a bit less of an ability to reach out the back with a net. I guess I won't know until I see it in person.

Default SeniorMac

Quote Originally Posted by tater140 View Post
    I'm doing a bit of research for my father on a used boat that would allow us to fish onto Lake Erie. We have a little bit of experience with the lake, but are mostly looking for a boat that will allow us to fish it on the good days. We would probably only make 5-10 trips a year on the lake at the most. We are about 2 hours away and also do some fishing on inland lakes. We have found a 2000 Lund 1800 Fisherman ITS 18'-6" boat with a 95" beam. It has a 190 hp 4.3 L Mercruiser. The boat is priced right and from the bit of research I have done I think it should be able to handle Erie with a good amount of common sense. The price is right and it's already setup with a kicker etc... I thought before we pull the trigger on something like this I would get the opinion of the pro's on this site. Any feedback is appreciated.
    I pull my 1850 Lund Grand Tyee, 150 Black Max, 9.9, and electric, up to Lake Erie from Arkansas about 5 times a year. Its one of the best boats of its class for being mobile. It will take most anything the weather can give you on most any inland lake and I've ridden out 4-6 footers in Lake Erie in 25 knots.(not that I would recommend it) I've had this boat on Alaskan waters for halibut and salmon, most of the lakes in Wyoming, Michigan, Colorado and Arkansas. Can't be beat.