Any eyes around starve or Kellys? Any eyes around starve or Kellys? Any eyes around starve or Kellys? Any eyes around starve or Kellys?

Default Any eyes around starve or Kellys?

Coming up in a few days and was wondering if anybody is catching eyes out by starve or Kellys Island. Was up jigging at end of April just west and at K can and from some of the reports it looks like they are still there. This time last year they were loaded from mouse island north to south bass. Since I'm staying in Marblehead ,I was hoping to launch at Mazuriks or catawba and have a short ride. I'd appreciate any info if anyone is taking eyes out there, thanks.

You have been reading same reports as I.Have not heard of much success around Kellies or the south passage.The bite is still going strong by K can.The trollers are still catching with cranks but the jig bite seams to be fading to the harness bite.Join the crowds by turtle creek.

Well it looks like K can it is. I do plan on trolling some bandits. So might be worth bringing crawlers too then.

We fished from the Scholes south saturday. 4 man limit, high early. As the sun came out went deaper. Bandits 110' behind no weight to get to 25'ish

Quote Originally Posted by leroy77 View Post
    We fished from the Scholes south saturday. 4 man limit, high early. As the sun came out went deaper. Bandits 110' behind no weight to get to 25'ish
    110 back is only 19 foot
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Hey Leroy, are we talking Kelly island schoal which is NE of Kelly island or Scott point schoal between Catawba and South Bass? Just by the time of year I'm guessing Scott point but I want to be sure. Thanks

I was out Tuesday and started trolling halfway from West Harbor to Kellys when I saw a few fish show up on the screen. I trolled to the red can on the NW corner of Kellys, and then headed directly toward the monument. The marks on the screen were few and far between, and I caught nothing. I thought last year at this same time, the walleye were all over this area. I know this has been different type of year, and continues to look that way.

Tuesday nite we pulled Bandits 30 - 40 back at 2.0- 2.2 mph in 18 - 22' water between west harbor and mouse, fairly close to shore. Two of us Fished 6:30 -8:30 and caught 6, 1 10" throwback, 1 was a 32"Hawg, all keepers over 20", lost another eye at the boat, a fish Ohio sheepshead and two more trash fish.
    Last edited by Davesnothere; 05-17-2017 at 04:26 PM.
    Dave(snothere)
    2352 Trophy Hardtop WA
    Channel Grove Marina
    Sammy the Lucky Golden

Kellys shoal. Juls thanks for the math lesson. FYI most walleye strike up not down. Fish at 25ish, lure at 19ish