how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 309 of 465 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359409 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 4646

Jim/Dan,
    Very good information. Here is a little food for thought. I was watching a fishing show on cable. They were talking about leadcore, how to use it etc. They mentioned that say a three color could go deeper that 30 that we calculate. You can achieve that by letting out more backer. And you can go as deep as you like. What are your thoughts?
    I believe that there has to be a limit to the depth that you can go. ??
    Thanks,
    Current flotation devices:
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    Jim/Dan,
    Very good information. Here is a little food for thought. I was watching a fishing show on cable. They were talking about leadcore, how to use it etc. They mentioned that say a three color could go deeper that 30 that we calculate. You can achieve that by letting out more backer. And you can go as deep as you like. What are your thoughts?
    I believe that there has to be a limit to the depth that you can go. ??
    Thanks,
    Not having ever tried that my guess would be that you could gain some depth up to a certain point and then it would just not be practical to fish at that length. Dan has mentioned to me before that he gets more depth with more backer out in his system and feels he can accurately place a bait at a desired running depth.

Dennis

For all the doubters - we are on a win streak. 2 in a row.
    It's time to get hot.
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    For all the doubters - we are on a win streak. 2 in a row.
    It's time to get hot.
    lets the wins keep coming we are rooting for you capt

Default long day today

Was slow today. Boxed two fish, 7# and 8.5#. Harnesses in Orange/Red/black and pink/black/copper. One on 30 jet 100 back on a board, one on a size 0 dipsy 112 feet back 2.2 mph on both, turning into the waves. They were hard to find. At the launch one fisherman said they used the riggers to get on the bottom on a hunch and hit three fish that they never marked in 60+ fow. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Reality View Post
    Was slow today. Boxed two fish, 7# and 8.5#. Harnesses in Orange/Red/black and pink/black/copper. One on 30 jet 100 back on a board, one on a size 0 dipsy 112 feet back 2.2 mph on both, turning into the waves. They were hard to find. At the launch one fisherman said they used the riggers to get on the bottom on a hunch and hit three fish that they never marked in 60+ fow. Good luck!
    Cold front came through. With all that wind we had earlier in the week fish will be scattered. Did you try slower speeds than 2.2? Sounds as if the fish wanted a slower bait if you hit them turnin into the wind. Did they hit on the inside or outside of the turn?
    Current floatation device :
    Chris Craft Seahawk 254

FishingWNY- like us on Facebook
    Ultimate Outdoors of WNY- like us on Facebook. Find us on the water
    Staff at Kishels Scents
    Staff at Elusion Camo

I fished out of Dunkirk yesterday in my neighbors boat. Ended up with 6 walleye and 4 nice perch. Went out of the harbor on the east side to say Perina in 80 ft of water. The word on the street was they were hitting from 81 ft to 100 ft of water. ???? From the info that we got. Well it was slow but picked up 2 small ones off downriggers / worm harnesses 52 ft down. Finally got a third fish. The screen was just about BLANK. Not much bait fish, no hooks, some fish right along the bottom. Lakers? For the whole day you could probably count on one hand the number of bait fish pods that we went over. It wasn't until after noon that we were trolling towards the harbor in say 74 ft and we picked one up. then a few more hits. Yes some crap fish but we were getting hits and the screen looked better. We picked up a few more. So on a slow day 6 ain't bad.
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Fishkiller - did you put any flags or anything on your big boards so they could be spotted easier? I'm looking for suggestions.
    Thanks.
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Please put flags on your boards. Seeing is not a bad thing. I feel everyone should have flags on the boards. I use the flags you see to mark gas, water, electric lines. (after 10 days then should not be depended on according to the rules) it is illegal to move/remove them before that. I drill a hole on top of the board & stick in the flag. My buddy puts his boards out 150' on either side of his boat, now 300' wide & the boards are only 3" out of the water with no flags ,then ******* when someone comes toward him & doesn't see the boards! Drill a hole ,stick in a flag. Thanks, Jmo

Strobe lights, road flares, sparklers! Lol!!!!!

Yeah I agree. Nothin worse than realizing as your about to pass an oncoming boat and you see they're runnin boards. Then it's a scramble. Grabbing lines on that side of the boat. We've missed a couple by a few feet.
    Current floatation device :
    Chris Craft Seahawk 254

FishingWNY- like us on Facebook
    Ultimate Outdoors of WNY- like us on Facebook. Find us on the water
    Staff at Kishels Scents
    Staff at Elusion Camo