lodging and trailer parking lodging and trailer parking lodging and trailer parking lodging and trailer parking

Default lodging and trailer parking

First off, this is hands down the best forum for great lakes fishing period.
    I hope you all keep up the great work and will help this traveling walleye fisherman. I will be coming out to fish the first week in May. I found a place to rent for the two of us and a boat slip rental looks ok. But where in the world does everyone park thier boat trailer? Even scanning the island via satellite imaging it looks like there isn't a boat trailer on the entire island of Catawba.

Quote Originally Posted by rubycat16 View Post
    First off, this is hands down the best forum for great lakes fishing period.
    I hope you all keep up the great work and will help this traveling walleye fisherman. I will be coming out to fish the first week in May. I found a place to rent for the two of us and a boat slip rental looks ok. But where in the world does everyone park thier boat trailer? Even scanning the island via satellite imaging it looks like there isn't a boat trailer on the entire island of Catawba.
    Welcome to the forums, glad you joined.

Where(what area general location) are you staying? If West of Port Clinton there is Dreamcatcher Baits he has a lrg lot for storage. If you are renting a slip on Catawba ask the slip/marina owner where they recommend to store your trailer. It would be easier to help you if we know where(what area) you will be located.
    Last edited by wakina; 02-26-2016 at 11:47 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Thanks Wakina. We are trying to make arrangements to stay at Beach Cliff, near the northern island tip. Not sure where the closest/best slip will be. Checking prices and availability now. I will be trailering a 20' Grady White
    Adventure. We sure don't mind a few miles drive to park the trailer. Again, thank you.

Stop at Midway Marine I think they charge $20 mo (rt53 Shell station in front)

Quote Originally Posted by wajski View Post
    Stop at Midway Marine I think they charge $20 mo (rt53 Shell station in front)
    Also at the old Train-o-rama site. On Rt.163 East of the 53 163 intersection. It may be wise to lock the trailer hitch if storing in an non fenced area. Tibbles would have docks available for short term use and trailer storage available on site.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Blog Entries

Channel grove is supposed to be very nice marina with boat slips and lodging all around