Overcharged at ricards Overcharged at ricards Overcharged at ricards Overcharged at ricards
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Overcharged at ricards

I came in to buy bait and ice last weekend, total was $9.xx. I happened to only have my debit card that day, no cash. The guy swipes my card, I realize he charged me $19.xx. I initially think I misheard the total, but I look at the register and it shows only $9.xx on the display. I ask the clerk about it, he acts dumb and exclaims that he it would help if he wore his glasses. I just play along so as not to cause a scene, but the more I think about it, the more evident it becomes that it was intentional. 1 and 9 are on the opposite side of the keypad on the credit card machine. Either he tried to steal $10 from me or he's a complete and utter moron. Needless to say, neither situation is worthy of repeat business. Be weary.

No matter where you go it is your responsibility to be sure you are charged the correct amount. Accidents do happen and if so they apologize and its over but if they choose to make an issue of it then I don't back.

I have a place just up the road from Rikard's so I go there regularly. I must say I never have had that happen, and to the contrary, they knew I was taking a bunch of kids out and were super generous on the minnow scoops.

They have fixed rod eyes for me for just $2.50, gave me a bulk discount on treble hooks and are always willing to share information.

Maybe give em a second chance.

Actually, how much bait and ice did ya get, that will give us an idea of the actual cost. 4 scoops of minnows and a bag of ice will do it !!!

Most all bait stores have a minimum dollar amount for your purchase in order to avoid a sure charge when you use a debit/credit card.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

I to have shopped there, and found them to be very pleasant people to deal with, more than likely a mistake, never overcharged

Been going to Rickards for 30 years....nothing but first class over there. Never overcharged and Rick has even thrown in some free gifts over the years....not to mention honest advice and fishing reports.

I always thank Rickards when I leave. They do everything in their power to help our fishing experience. They're open early, close late, always have options for bait, and share fishing information. It's hard to understand that they would risk losing a customer over $10, with all the work they do to earn your business.

How about answering the big question
    How many scoops of minows and how many bags of ice, small or large bags.

An honest mistake, I'm sure.

I can think of a way that the 1 would have accidentally been pressed during the process, but I won't explain it to you, because you have obviously made up your mind that the employee did it on purpose.

Nothing could be further from the truth. You don't have to go there anymore....makes no difference to me.

Rick is a good guy and runs a great business, and I for one will keep supporting him and his business.

I hope you don't run a business....it would suck if someone gets on the internet and calls you a crook, or a moron, and tries to ruin your business, for a 10.00 mistake.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters