Fishing with Ben and Mike 8/1/16 Fishing with Ben and Mike 8/1/16 Fishing with Ben and Mike 8/1/16 Fishing with Ben and Mike 8/1/16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Juls maybe I read your post wrong or something, when perching it sounded like you said your were approximately 2 miles nw of catawba. But your picture shows Noth side of kellies. I am sure I am missing or not following something. I have some friends coming up from cincy this weekend with 2 girls under 10, none have fished the lake before, be nice to put them on some perch and maybe a few eyes. Thanks again for all your post and info
    Last edited by branhamautomotive; 08-04-2016 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    Juls maybe I read your post wrong or something, when perching it sounded like you said your were approximately 2 miles nw of catawba. But your picture shows Noth side of kellies. I am sure I am missing or not following something. I have some friends coming up from cincy this weekend with 2 girls under 10, none have fished the lake before, be nice to put them on some perch and maybe a few eyes. Thanks again for all your post and info
    The last paragraph in my original post....

"The Humminbird did show a ton of nice marks on the bottom....SW of Gull, in 41-42' of water, so I'm going to head back there in the morning with Ben and Mike, to see if those are perch or just a bunch of little walleye. I'm really hoping those are perch!!"

Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Quote Originally Posted by troy1976 View Post
    Hey cap where u headed too up north this year? I leave for Nagagami lake in a week. Then home wash up and off to O'Sullivan in nakina to find a bear
    Meta Lake Lodge
    [email protected]

I figured it was in the way I was reading. So the one you got were nw of catawba. I come out the portage river do a run to n of kellies with 2 little girls never been on this lake before might not be the wisest but that area near catawba is close.

Thanks again for the great info and the willingness to share with all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    I figured it was in the way I was reading. So the one you got were nw of catawba. I come out the portage river do a run to n of kellies with 2 little girls never been on this lake before might not be the wisest but that area near catawba is close.

Thanks again for the great info and the willingness to share with all of us.
    There are plenty of perch north of the portage...stay on this side with the girls...no need to make a long run!

There are perch all over from the cans to Green and Rattle....just mark them, and start fishing them. It's a banner year for perch in my opinion.

Good luck and catch a bunch! Have fun!
    [email protected]

If ya want a little boat ride too, 1 mile off mazurich is hot, a lot of action too, 120 perch in 3 hrs on goldies, had to be 500 boats out there last sunday and there hasn't been a big blow to change things much. G can was good last I heard also...

Talk to ppl the fish g, 3 man limit only 17 pounds. I can tow and fish out by kellies that's not a big issue. Thanks for the advice

Our 120 went 27 lbs at cleaners,we fished 27' water ne corner of pack, 11 lbs cleaned fillets. Talked to a couple others that fished the sw corner of pack in 24' water, their 120 went 34 lbs, a little better avg. The goldies we got were just right size, they ate em no problem, tap bottom and 90% of the time you got the tap !!!

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a nice bite with nice fish