Finding walleye,any help would be great. Finding walleye,any help would be great. Finding walleye,any help would be great. Finding walleye,any help would be great.

Default Finding walleye,any help would be great.

I have been fishing the lake for a lot of years for small mouth,but now I finally have a boat big enough for the lake,I would like to take the family out and find some fish,I read all the reports but have yet to have a good day out on the lake,if anyone can help that would be wonderful,we normally go out of the mazurik public boat launch, thanks Sheepdog.

Need more info, where have you been trying and what have you been trying? casting? trolling? meat? artificial? I'm trying to go more smallie fishing myself.

West of gull shoal along the Canadian boarder has been good for about a week now. Cant miss pack of boats. Both casting and trolling. Fish are good eater sizes. Trolling 40 Tru trips back 40 - 80 ft with 50-65 been best for me. Trolling spoons at 2.4 mph. I now.some charters are casting there also doing good. Not sure on there presentation. Hope this helps.

Fished last weekend between Middle and West Sister. Trolling spoons on 30 jets, back 90-100ft back, at 2.4speed got limit every day.

Hi there,we were all over and around Kelly's,and put in bay,I have the large plainer boards,we were using bottom bouncers 2-3 oz with crawler harnesses,and running reef runners 40 ft back from the boat,we caught plenty of white perch and catfish,I have got alot to learn in doing this thanks for any help,sheep dog

Hi there,I have alot to learn,what are tru trips,I am new at all of this,I have been running large plainer boards with 2-3 oz bottom bouncers with crawler harnesses,and trolling reef runners next to the boat about 40 back,this is a whole new world to me,but I love the lake.thanks sheepdog.

Quote Originally Posted by SheepDog View Post
    Hi there,I have alot to learn,what are tru trips,I am new at all of this,I have been running large plainer boards with 2-3 oz bottom bouncers with crawler harnesses,and trolling reef runners next to the boat about 40 back,this is a whole new world to me,but I love the lake.thanks sheepdog.
    Tru Trips are a jet diver used to get your bait to a certain depth. How are you fishing those bottom bouncers? If you are fishing them right off the bottom you may be pulling your baits below the fish. Walleyes feed up if pulling your baits below them your not going to get bit. Get those reef runners away from the boat you will have more success. You need to get the precision trolling app or find a book so you know much line to let out to get your baits to targeted depth. Make sure you control your speed. Look at your depth finder to see what depth the fish are at and run your baits at 5-7 ft above them. I hope this helps. This is just a little primer of what you need to know for trolling for those eyes. I have been doing it for 7 years and still consider myself a rookie I'm always leaning some something new.

I would suggest taking a charter at least one a year. If you want to learn to troll, take a trolling charter. If you want to learn to drift, there are charters that specialize in that. Check out Coe Vanna Charters fir drifting.

I work hard at Wallete fishing, both drifting and trolling. This site is great and learn something every time I go.