shiners shiners shiners shiners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shiners

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    A & J is located about 2 miles West of Camp Perry on Rt. 2 they may have a Lake Shore Drive address they are out of town a considerable distance on Rt.2.
    95% Goldie's
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Has anyone used the preserved shiners? I was at dicks sporting goods and grabbed a couple packs of them. They were in a red dye or yellow dye. Says emerald shiner on the bag. Ive never used them but with the shortage I have them as a backup.

if they work let us know ill go to dicks I spend a lot of money there son plays high school football and baseball. thanks wakina

I looked them up they are made my a company named magic. They have them at Bass Pro also.

Maumee bait and tackle did actually have real emeralds a couple weeks ago, so they do sell them.....but with the shortage they have not been able to order any, so they have to substitute with the next best thing they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon addiction View Post
    Maumee bait and tackle did actually have real emeralds a couple weeks ago, so they do sell them.....but with the shortage they have not been able to order any, so they have to substitute with the next best thing they can get.

Been fishing out of Monroe and have had no problems finding emeralds. From Fishermans Cave to Jeffs have been 99% emeralds.
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners

Quote Originally Posted by rick2752 View Post
    I looked them up they are made my a company named magic. They have them at Bass Pro also.
    I bought a bag and they didnt work too well but the emeralds we salted worked well. Didnt try too many times with them fter salting our own as it's much cheaper. We just put a layer of salt on a cookie sheet, put down the shiners and put some salt on top. Leave in the fridge overnight and pack and freeze in the morning. I started doign this with our leftovers instead of throwing them away and it works well. We're going to stash some for ice fishing this year and see hwo they work.

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead315 View Post
    Been fishing out of Monroe and have had no problems finding emeralds. From Fishermans Cave to Jeffs have been 99% emeralds.
    Agreed. Fisherman's cave always have emeralds.

Perch didn't care today got 60in2 hours on Goldie west on intake 18 feet water 17 lbs at cleaners spreaders bling and not

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Addiction View Post
    Perch didn't care today got 60in2 hours on Goldie west on intake 18 feet water 17 lbs at cleaners spreaders bling and not
    the

Sorry 17 lbs was Tuesday same place 3 limits Today 12lbs 2 limits lot of small ones but if they swollow it I keep them