OVI boating crackdown scheduled for this weekend... OVI boating crackdown scheduled for this weekend... OVI boating crackdown scheduled for this weekend... OVI boating crackdown scheduled for this weekend...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OVI boating crackdown scheduled for this weekend...

"ODNR to crack down on drinking and boating. The goal is to cut down on the number of accidents related to boating under the influence.

Comment 0 By The Associated Press Times ReporterBy The Associated Press Posted Jun. 22, 2015 at 8:55 AM
    Updated at 8:59 AM By The Associated Press
    Posted Jun. 22, 2015 at 8:55 AM
    Updated at 8:59 AM

COLUMBUS
    » RELATED CONTENT
    • Ohio fair goers reminded to wash their hands • Bucyrus men drown while kayaking on Sandusky River
    By The Associated Press

Posted Jun. 22, 2015 at 8:55 AM
    Updated at 8:59 AM

COLUMBUS
    Ohio’s boating officers will be kicking off summer by taking part in a boating and drinking crackdown this coming weekend.
    The Ohio Department of Natural Resources says the goal is to cut down on the number of accidents related to boating under the influence.
    State watercraft officers are taking part in the operation that will see an increase in patrols, breathalyzer tests and checkpoints.
    Ohio’s watercraft division says drinking alcohol while boating is the leading factor in boater deaths nationwide.
    Last year’s weekend blitz across Ohio saw state officers make three arrests for boating under the influence."

Just passing the info along....
    They were out in full force this past weekend. My wife and I were up with another couple. We were going to attempt a trip at perch fishing until the E, NE winds changed the mind of our wives. We anchored in the harbor and were checked by both the State Police and the ODNR.
    Last edited by Buc-Eye; 06-22-2015 at 02:01 PM.

Good! Glad to hear it!
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Yea glad to hear it.......... Until you're one of the trollers/non drinkers made pull all of your gear in by three different agencies, only to be checked for alcohol within 45 minutes between all 3! No where close to the the type of boaters/vessels the're supposedly looking for!
    Last edited by Spoon addiction; 06-22-2015 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon addiction View Post
    Yea glad to hear it.......... Until you're one of the trollers/non drinkers made pull all of your gear in by three different agencies, only to be checked for alcohol within 45 minutes between all 3! No where close to the the type of boaters/vessels the're supposedly looking for!
    Not to mention the time that it kills if you happen to be a customer paying a charter boat by the hour. I'm sure a lot of the captains would take that into consideration and make up for it but some people are on schedules nowadays. They can tell what make rod and reel you are using with spotting scopes so you think they could leave the right people alone. Hope the best for you trollers and charter captains that you get left alone. Good luck Stay safe!
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Don't fish so close to home. It's only one weekend....Go fish Canada this weekend....problem solved.

The better fish are over there right now anyway.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

I can't imagine they would stop charter boat for ovi, the passengers are allowed to drink just the captain has to be sober. No beer allowed in Canada.

I agree with the whole operation, sobriety is the decision I've ever made in my life. And honestly I really don't see them worrying about the folks out away from the bays and bars with rigs all set up for fishing/ trolling. They are, in fact looking out for everyone's safety on the water whether it is an inconvenience to some. Like Juls said, it is only for the weekend. Catch many fish and stay safe!
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

There are high northeast winds forecast for the lake anyways, we will be lucky if anybody can fish this coming weekend!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    There are high northeast winds forecast for the lake anyways, we will be lucky if anybody can fish this coming weekend!
    I try to not even look start looking at the weekend weather until Wednesday evening\Thursday morning, thanks for ruining it for me

I don't like raining on anyones' parade especially one I was intending to be present at! SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With that being said I don't drink on the water so the crack down does not bother me one way or the other! I have been known to tip a few once back at the dock though.
    Last edited by wakina; 06-23-2015 at 12:02 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip