Great Fishing Saturday ---Not Great Fishing Saturday ---Not Great Fishing Saturday ---Not Great Fishing Saturday ---Not

Default Great Fishing Saturday ---Not

I take it by the lack of posts and the lack of bragging on the radio Saturday that everyone did as well as we did?

We tried the normal spots - West of Sandbar, North of Dump, Avon Point and North of Beaver. Moved quite often, changed tactics every hour, threw everything except dynamite into the water.

It was so bad that when we hooked a couple of sheep head, the guys on the boat were excited.

Anyone have any success (even moderately) this past weekend? I am taking a couple of boys out from our church's youth group this coming Saturday, and can't get skunked. Ever fished with a bunch of 6 year olds that aren't catching anything? Rather stay home and get yelled at for not taking the garbage out.

I guess worst case, we can head to Western Basin and do some perch fishing... but I still enjoy fishing Vermilion/Lorain areas.

Thanks for your contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by dayze_awayze View Post
    I take it by the lack of posts and the lack of bragging on the radio Saturday that everyone did as well as we did?

We tried the normal spots - West of Sandbar, North of Dump, Avon Point and North of Beaver. Moved quite often, changed tactics every hour, threw everything except dynamite into the water.

It was so bad that when we hooked a couple of sheep head, the guys on the boat were excited.

Anyone have any success (even moderately) this past weekend? I am taking a couple of boys out from our church's youth group this coming Saturday, and can't get skunked. Ever fished with a bunch of 6 year olds that aren't catching anything? Rather stay home and get yelled at for not taking the garbage out.

I guess worst case, we can head to Western Basin and do some perch fishing... but I still enjoy fishing Vermilion/Lorain areas.

Thanks for your contributions.
    Great honest report! Thanks!
    We left our Vermilion dock at 5:15am on Sat morning [7/23] was torn between heading to the top end of the Lorain Dumping Grounds or West to the Castle / Cranberry area.
    The Admiral elected that we make the shorter run West so West it was!

Set up at first light in 27 FOW pulling Harness's on 2oz inlines fishing about 20ft down where there were a million marks.
    Fast action on short Walleye, White Bass and those nice Sheephead ...... At least they kept us entertained and busy
    Changed to Bandits and Perfect 10's on same 2oz inline weights and put 2 around 22"/23" in the box.
    The bite in that area died at 9:30am

Put the autopilot on an East heading to keep the sun off the cockpit and trolled all the way to 2 miles East of Vermilion mostly in 30-35 FOW.
    Picked up another few Walleye about 14" to 16" but put all the legal ones back in as well.
    Tried speeds from 1.5 up to 2.5 mph and no pattern emerged.

We were back at the dock just before 1:00pm and headed for a cold shower. Phew it was hot out there!!
    Last edited by Roy Page; 07-25-2016 at 09:24 AM.
    Roy Page
    Morning Mist II - Pursuit 3000 Express
    Call Roy Page on Channel 79
    Vermilion Ohio
    YouTube Walleye Fishing Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EdlWtjSet3fYh9

With young people on board, they must be kept busy. I know first hand with 6 grandkids. Yesterday many limit perch were being taken off Geneva and Conneaut. I got first hand reports from both sites. Don't ask me about the walleye. I've never seen such slow catching in the last 20 years but it doesn't stop me from trying.....

Ashtabula 52 FOW NW off lite
    Limits of perch in sunday You can't miss the pack

Pulled 11 eyes 17-24" Saturday on crawlers and inlines 1oz 1.6 sog 30,40,and 50 back. 30 foot break line airport strip and followed all the way to buoy on shoal. Based on current reports we did decent. Worst fishing I have had on Erie for eyes in 30 years/

Burke Lake Front?

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Pulled 11 eyes 17-24" Saturday on crawlers and inlines 1oz 1.6 sog 30,40,and 50 back. 30 foot break line airport strip and followed all the way to buoy on shoal. Based on current reports we did decent. Worst fishing I have had on Erie for eyes in 30 years/

Sorry for the lack of location. I fished the East side of Kelley's Island and Kelley's Shoal.