Capt. Juls Capt. Juls Capt. Juls Capt. Juls

Thread: Capt. Juls

Default Capt. Juls

Capt. Juls-img_0211-jpgJuls or should we say aka: Doctor ? Could this cause a start?:p

Possibly? I couldn't honestly tell you. Mine started as like little pimples, like when you get too much sun. It itched, so I scratched it, and then it bled a little. I thought nothing of it, and put Neosporin on it like I do all scratches and cuts. Normally, they pretty much disappear overnight that way. Not this time though...even after a week of putting salve on it a few times a day, it didn't go away, so I knew something was up.

That's when I decided to look up "sores that won't heal" on the internet, and "Fish Handling Disease" popped up in the search. I thought to myself, "Well, I handle a lot of fish, so this could be it".

When I went to the dermatologist, I told the doctor what I thought, because you know....doctors love it when you self diagnose...lol

They cut a patch off my finger and sent it in to pathology, and when I got the call she said, "It's what you said it was. We're going to send an antibiotic prescription to your pharmacy...."

It's no big deal now that its being treated....body is used to the medicine now, and there are no side effects...thank goodness.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Quote Originally Posted by BtweenShots View Post
    Capt. Juls-img_0211-jpgJuls or should we say aka: Doctor ? Could this cause a start?
    I would have that checked, it could be Lyme Disease caused by a Deer Tick bite. I am not saying it is but the pattern showing on your arm is very similar to it. The tick does not have to attach to spread the disease just bite you.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

I would go to the doctor myself if I had a place that looked like yours. I got a tick bite from a little tiny tick in tenn a couple of yrs ago and it swelled up and got red and itched like crazy. after more than a week I went to the doctor. he said he didn't think it was lyme disease but gave ma an antibiotic and it cleared right up. it could even be a spider bite from something like a brown recluse.

We'll see the Ol'Sawbones Tuesday, and see what he says for sure. No bump or itching just the two little holes and redness. See what he says.

Gene

That looks like a spider bite to me.
    Pyle O Fish

You are not only Capt Juls, but now Dr. Juls. Glad you got to the bottom of this problem