Huron, Nov 30, lots of great walleye Huron, Nov 30, lots of great walleye Huron, Nov 30, lots of great walleye Huron, Nov 30, lots of great walleye

Default Huron, Nov 30, lots of great walleye

Left home a little after 530 to gas up the truck and boat, was very iffy on even going due to wind at home seemed breezy. After a messages back and forth with capt jim from eye hunter charters, we followed his recommendation to go to huron, instead of hiding from the wind and fishing from Marblehead to catawba. THANKS JIM, glad we took your advice, the water and fish were beautiful

Got to launch, prepping to boat, realized we left the head unit for the gps/fish finder at home. We pulled it out with the colder weather to make sure the screen did not freeze, and never thought about it. So we old schooled it. I wish I could share where, speed, water depth. But I don't know, we were fishing above where the barge was droping mud.

The water was glass flat till 1030ish, by then we had 8 in the box. The wave steadily built and we're growing to white caps at noon when we finished our 2 man limit. Ended our day with a 30",2 28", and a nice sprinkling of 20 to 25" and a few 17s. Only 1 toss back, 1 hit and miss, 1 fall off in the way in and about 6 very large white bass. All but 1 fish came on bandits, ibfrozen, bick or beat, blue shinner, and purple mist. We ran bandits 60 to 75 back, pink lemonade rr pulled 1 at 100 back. Our speeds were slower than ran on the 17th. We used the new engine mount trolling motor which work well till the wave started building and the battery ran dead, not will to run the other low, we finished out on the main with large bags. I will try to figure out how to post pics from my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    Left home a little after 530 to gas up the truck and boat, was very iffy on even going due to wind at home seemed breezy. After a messages back and forth with capt jim from eye hunter charters, we followed his recommendation to go to huron, instead of hiding from the wind and fishing from Marblehead to catawba. THANKS JIM, glad we took your advice, the water and fish were beautiful

Got to launch, prepping to boat, realized we left the head unit for the gps/fish finder at home. We pulled it out with the colder weather to make sure the screen did not freeze, and never thought about it. So we old schooled it. I wish I could share where, speed, water depth. But I don't know, we were fishing above where the barge was droping mud.

The water was glass flat till 1030ish, by then we had 8 in the box. The wave steadily built and we're growing to white caps at noon when we finished our 2 man limit. Ended our day with a 30",2 28", and a nice sprinkling of 20 to 25" and a few 17s. Only 1 toss back, 1 hit and miss, 1 fall off in the way in and about 6 very large white bass. All but 1 fish came on bandits, ibfrozen, bick or beat, blue shinner, and purple mist. We ran bandits 60 to 75 back, pink lemonade rr pulled 1 at 100 back. Our speeds were slower than ran on the 17th. We used the new engine mount trolling motor which work well till the wave started building and the battery ran dead, not will to run the other low, we finished out on the main with large bags. I will try to figure out how to post pics from my phone.
    Great job today! Here are your pictures from today!!!
    Huron, Nov 30, lots of great walleye-imagejpeg_0-jpgHuron, Nov 30, lots of great walleye-imagejpeg_1-jpgHuron, Nov 30, lots of great walleye-imagejpeg_2-jpg

Thanks for posting the pics for me jim. Someday I will get these smartphone things figured out and be able to post pics from it

yes Huron was hot Sat. as well fished 42-44 fow pulling Bandits. IB FROZEN, IB STOLEN, WICKED PERCH, MARVIN, IPS, ALL TOOK FISH 1.4 DOWN SPEED WAS HOT ,MID DAY ended up the 1-9 plus , 7 - 8# plus and lotS of 4to 5 lb fish. this is what worked , 50/50with 2 oz , 50/70 with 2 oz, 40/40 with 1.5 oz and 140 to 100 back no weight. Al over the board. Best was 5 on at one time . 4 man crew , Did not get out Sunday after seeing what was awaiting for me I canceled Sundays trip pulled my 25ft slickcraft and headed into the snow storm.

Was a great fall season in Huron.
    IF-FIN is put away for the winter but the Lund is ready and waiting a calm cool day..

Keep fishing as long as open water!!!

FULL BOXS TO ALL
    AND Everyone have a great holiday season

STEELYDANN

Sounds like all your fish came deeper. Where abouts does 50/50 w 2 oz end up. The last 2 trips for us everything came up higher, only 1 keeper in the 100-140 range.

New to the forum and have been reading the posts with interest. Wanted to ask about your reference to using Bandits, specifically "Bandits. IB FROZEN, IB STOLEN, WICKED PERCH, MARVIN, IPS, ALL TOOK FISH". I have bandit walleye deep and shallow divers but I don't recognize the colors you are describing. Not making the connection!. Could you explain?

I have been out twice off Vermillion last week Nov./1st week Dec. and did well on perfect 10's. Would be trying the bandits on first chance.
    Thanks,
    Achilles