Summer Deep Water Walleye at Night????? Summer Deep Water Walleye at Night????? Summer Deep Water Walleye at Night????? Summer Deep Water Walleye at Night?????

Default Summer Deep Water Walleye at Night?????

Has anyone had any success at this time of the year in targeting deep water walleye. Have often wondered about it and over the past 2 weeks have given it a try - unfortunately without any success. Have been out on the water hour and a half before sunrise and the screen is totally loaded with fish from 65/70 feet down in 80 to 95 feet of water. Have tried shutting off motor and jigging with glow cleo's, trolled riggers with glow spoons,Renowsky's and WH to no avail. If I get out again gonna try some rattlin plugs and even pop them off riggers and let it float up thru the fish. I'm thinking that the nearly full moon over last weekend may have been a factor?. Gonna have to try some post sunset trips, but I'm a early morning guy.

3 to 4 wks ago friends did it a lot at night do to their time available to fish i would say it would still work but use scents on baits even run harnesses yet. Just make sure long leads on riggers 100 + ft or use lead core and dipsys also depth is key. Even speed instead of slowing pick it up as high as 2.4 . I have yet to fish much at night on erie but i am sure it would work i would take gps numbers Fishkiller posted and head there fish have been hanging there a few wks now. Good luck.
    22' starcraft islander "H"EYE STRUNG

Staff Fishing WNY
    Team member Descendants outdoors TV
    Prostaff Elusion camo .
    Prostaff ITO Flies
    Prostaff Ultimate Outdoors of WNY.
    Field Staff Kishels Scents and Lures .

Bailey - thanks for the input. Was running 60 feet leads behind riggers, will try longer ones. I tried trolling at my day time speed of 2.3/2.5.