how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 405 of 465 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415455 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 4646

I don't think thermocells will work if there is any kind of breeze, it will blow the cover scent away from you. jmo. but if it works let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by jrhsportster View Post
    PS- Any secrets for these sandflies? Spray obviously doesn't do it. She's been reading up, something bout sweet scent perfume maybe doing the trick? I've never seen them as bad as today. Caked on everything. Going to try a couple thermocells if I can get out again soon.
    those bugs are midges they will be around 5-7 days this is the worst I seen them they like the vibration of the motor
    jeff

Went out of Dunkirk Sunday morning, still a little bumpy but not too bad. Headed west, started out deeper than I wanted, seemed like everytime I turned to head in there was a boat on the same line. Got a few white bass on harnesses, then hit a double header in 55 ft water. One (6 lb) was on a orange tape with copper hatchet (5 color LC) and the other (9lb) was on a black with some chartruse, orange and white dot harness off the downrigger at 52 ft. Went back through a few more times with no results. Was marking most in 45-60 ft water.

JR, its been slow for me also seems like I get one eye per trip this year. Last year we got 4-5 per trip and would get chased off by thunderstorms. I've been switching things up and trying just about every color and lure I have. Also been changing the depths. Sunday I had 2 DRs 10-20 ft apart in the water column, 4 color, 5 color, and a dipsy that I was all over on the line out. The 2 fish I got were 20 ft apart in the water column but couldn't get any more from that spot.

JR - it's the same here. Troll, troll, troll. Picked up 2 eyes yesterday. A lot of trolling for 2 eyes. We were west out of SP in 66 ft then trolled east to 53 ft. ??? All harnesses.
    Current flotation devices:
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Same story for me as JR generally. Last Sunday and a week before had lots of marks around Seneca Shoals, and worked areas further out and in from 35 to 45 fow but nothing. Usually bottom bouncing those areas seems to produce something, but not yet this year. Lost one that felt like a walleye but who knows. It's not like I haven't been marking stuff so it's strange.

I hate to say sounds like everybody having the same luck I thought it was me lol I marked a lot yesterday high and low 45-50 Seneca shoals just the one purple harness on a 3 way

Picked up 5 out of sturgeon 64fow east sunday. 1 came on 5 color with a clear bayrat with spots. 3 came on orange and copper harness on size 1 dipsey 180 back on outside. And 1 on inside dipsey 125 back orange and copper, Blown off at 1pm

Marked a ton of fish yesterday. Very tight lipped. Anyone else have a big issue yesterday? What the hell are they? Had to wash the boat out killed 10 million of them unintentionally. Poor Father had them coming out his ears and nose.

That would be bug issue.

We fish between Meyers and Seneca Sunday evening and fish were everywhere, gorging on what we thought were unbelievably large pods of bait fish, but after hearing all the bug stories was it the part of a midge hatch?