Been A While....Had a WHOLE Week Off!  I think I forgot how to fish...:) Been A While....Had a WHOLE Week Off!  I think I forgot how to fish...:) Been A While....Had a WHOLE Week Off!  I think I forgot how to fish...:) Been A While....Had a WHOLE Week Off!  I think I forgot how to fish...:)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Been A While....Had a WHOLE Week Off! I think I forgot how to fish...:)

It's been an entire week since I wrote my blog last, and I have been getting emails and PM's asking me if I'm okay, because I haven't written anything for a while...(thanks for checking in on me, by the way!)

Everything is okay. The three day that I had scheduled last week was cancelled, because the two fellas from Colorado got unlucky and showed up the day the weather went wild here, and the lake rose about 5-6 feet on this end. Then, the NE winds would have kept me off the lake until Wednesday at the earliest, so they went home instead. Then, I was scheduled to have Friday the 5th off anyway, because it was my birthday. Then, a show I was going to do yesterday was rescheduled to July, because of the NE winds again.

I had a quick 4 hour trip this morning, but even though we were marking more fish on the North side of Kelly's than I have ever marked there before, we didn't get anything to bite except one sheephead. Although, we kept losing our nightcrawlers. It is officially my first skunk of the season...and, I don't like it. lol

The guys I had were a lot of fun even though we didn't catch any walleye, and want to come back in the fall to try for a wall hanger.

Most of the reports on the radio while we were out there were telling of a tough bite too. I got one report from a facebook friend that managed 30 on shrimp colored stinger spoons with 20 Jets 140 back. But, that was the best I had heard.

Tomorrow's trip has been rescheduled to more enjoyable weather, since they are residents here, and they don't have to travel in. I will be back out again on Tuesday with two of my regular customers. I think we will be going out of Huron, but that may change if I hear of something better.

So...stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 06-07-2015 at 04:02 PM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Everyone I talked to today got skunked. We managed one eater. Marked a ton of fish. What happen, the storms?

We changed up and went out of Bula.2 fish that went 4lbs. and a nice fat 29 inch fish that went 8lbs.Marked lots of fish but couldn't get them to cooperate.

As I mentioned in another thread, we are starting to see some mayflies in point place. Not heavy, but they're starting to show up. Hope this has nothing to do with the slow bite and its just weather related.
    Welcome back Juls, its about time you got back to work! Lol
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Was just feeling good about not catching them today because most people got skunked to but I just talked to a guy that got a 5 man limit early off of middle island. Back to feeling I suck at walleye fishing.

Made it out today to try my new motor. Motor worked well; better than the fishing. We did manage to get 3 (20") to bite west of Gull, spoons and Jet 30's 75 back at 2 mph.

We did well on the west side of Gull the biters were At 25' worms at 1.5-1.7 3 oz 50 back trolling with the wind

Yeah...two of my friends did well yesterday too. My bad.....deep sigh. Hopefully, tomorrow will be my redemption. lol
    [email protected]

Default Did a lap around Kelly's

Left Marzurik's around 6 Sunday morning. Started on the southeast corner looking for new fish. didn't mark any, moved to the east side and picked up couple and some shorts on hammered gold worm harnesses behind 2 oz inline weights 40 back at 1.9 Trolled all the way around to the north side, never marking much and only catching large white bass. Picked and moved to the northwest by the pack of boats near the line, nothing but junk. moved back towards the island, only little high marks and a lot of junk. Moved tight to the island by the southwest point, trolled toward the north tight to the island and finally found the big marks that we have been seeing the last few weeks in 22 fow in the west bay. Made 3 passes at them varying speeds with huskeys, spoons, and harnesses, but no takers. After getting home found that almost everybody that caught had been pounding the bottom. The past few weeks all the fish had been coming high, so never thought to run more than 60 back....afterthought....should have put out the 3 oz bottom bouncers

Quote Originally Posted by Prkr314 View Post
    The past few weeks all the fish had been coming high, so never thought to run more than 60 back....afterthought....should have put out the 3 oz bottom bouncers
    Thanks for the detailed report...

I did have a bottom bouncer down, and it was never touched that day. They just weren't cooperative that day for me. I just hope they are more cooperative today!

I'm going to be fishing from Lucy's to Gull and maybe up by the wagon wheel.....or Mill Point. These guys always have their C-Lic's in case we want to jump over the line to fish. And, with the light winds today, it might be a good day to go up there.

I wonder how much effect the storms that went through last night will have on our little friends?

Good luck if you get out today...
    [email protected]