Final day Fishing with Tina and Pat 8/19/16 Final day Fishing with Tina and Pat 8/19/16 Final day Fishing with Tina and Pat 8/19/16 Final day Fishing with Tina and Pat 8/19/16

Default Final day Fishing with Tina and Pat 8/19/16

This morning I left the house at 5am, and hit the gas station, bait shop, and Big B's for breakfast. Then, met Tina and Pat at Mazurik's at 6:30am. We launched and headed out to find some bigger perch than this past Tuesday's catch, so we headed up between the islands.

We got lucky, and found some between Kelly's and South Bass islands (see photos for numbers). When another boat came in and set up next to us, after I waved them in....and, left their motor running (like big charters do), I said to Tina and Pat, "Well, that's not fair...leaving their motor running...that will call all the fish over to them." So, with the bite slowing down at the usual 9am slow down time, I said, "Let's go look up there" (pointing to North Bass), "There's a few spots up there that I like, and I would like to see if they are in there yet". So, we did.

We tried a few spots up by the red and green cans on the NE corner of North Bass, but they weren't biting. It could have been the lull in the action, I don't know. We would set up on good perch like marks, and then not get bit at all.

So, we moved back down to the previous area. I let Pat drive the Ranger back to the spot, so he could really decide if a Ranger was going to be his next purchase. It's really hard not to love them when you're driving them, ya know.

Anyway, we ended the day with 60 nice perch in the cooler. It was a fun three days with Tina and Pat, and my expectations of what the trip would be like with them (they are Facebook friends too, so I felt I already knew them), was far exceeded by the reality. I had a blast with these two, and hope to fish with them again some day.

Tomorrow's trip with Ken and Kathy Groeschel will be a perch trip too. However, I plan to go back to the area between D and E cans to get more numbers.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Final day Fishing with Tina and Pat 8/19/16-fishing-pat-tina-8_19_16img_7203-jpg Final day Fishing with Tina and Pat 8/19/16-fishing-pat-tina-8_19_16img_7205-jpg Final day Fishing with Tina and Pat 8/19/16-fishing-pat-tina-8_19_16img_7206-jpg Final day Fishing with Tina and Pat 8/19/16-fishing-pat-tina-8_19_16img_7208-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Nice Report Juls! I always look forward to reading your reports. Thanks Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Nice Report Juls! I always look forward to reading your reports. Thanks Frank
    I agree with Frank.
    Thanks, Dennis