Far away fisherman planning a trip Far away fisherman planning a trip Far away fisherman planning a trip Far away fisherman planning a trip
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Just wanted to make a quick post to say thanks Jim for helping everyone on here as much as you do. I live in SE Michigan and usually just drive down to fish Ohio water, got a new ranger this year to use can't wait.

We booked 2 of your boats for my bachelor party last June and it was a blast with professional knowledgeable captains and crew.

I urge anyone new that wants to learn to book a charter with people like Jim and Juls (I'm sure there are others) that invest their time into posting and helping on here, thank you all very much for your contribution to the sport and heloping experienced and newbies alike!

I also wanted to say thanks to Capt. Jim, you've been a great source of information to many!

I normally bring my boat several time a year but I'm trying to get a group together to try and get out with Jim hog hunting this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by freddie View Post
    Who's this Skipper9 guy?
    Freddie, he is a captain on Lake Erie... He drives a blue boat with a white hard top. He is kinda short... maybe 5' tall, and has long hair and a Duck Dynasty beard...

*** Just Kidding Everyone****

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    Funny freddie. For those that don't know Freddie he is one of my top first mates and hopefully at some point becomes one of my captains!!! I have a lot of confidence in Freddie and high hopes for him..
    Thanks Jim.. that's the nicest thing you've said to me this year.. haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Madd Matt View Post
    Freddie, he is a captain on Lake Erie... He drives a blue boat with a white hard top. He is kinda short... maybe 5' tall, and has long hair and a Duck Dynasty beard...

*** Just Kidding Everyone****
    Hmmm. Never heard of her!

For those that don't know, when I joined this site I saw the talk about Jim/Skipper9, and decided to go on a walk-on trip with him in 2013 - in hopes to learn some new info to take apply when fishing with my dad. I didn't learn anything or catch any fish but Jim became a great friend (I am just teasing Jim - we did great). I went again the following year, and stayed in contact with Jim. If dad and I didn't have them going, I could text Jim and he was willing to share some info to put us on some fish - pretty amazing for a captain to do that! I guess I don't remember who's idea it was for me to start working as a first mate - his or mine, but the rest is history. Jim and I like to have fun with our groups and I'm happy to help increase our catch rates - that last part I made up..its just one of the jokes on the boat.

I just wanted to say thanks Jim for everything you do for everyone. I've never met you but I can tell you're one heck of a guy. I would be lost without your help you post on this site. I've only fished Lake Erie for a few years now and I have so much to learn. I've had success but only because of this forum. I struggle more than I succeed but that's just the inexperience and the learning curve. Good luck and safe fishing this year. Thanks again for your generosity of sharing information to help guys like me.

Thanks to all of you that have contacted me. I have enjoyed every conversation with all of you. I love talking fishing!!! As always please free to call anytime.

Skipper would you say mid March be good for the females sence.weather has been warm and no ice.thanks mike

Remember you told me.i need my camera for big female pics.just kidding mike