Conneaut Steelhead Conneaut Steelhead Conneaut Steelhead Conneaut Steelhead

Default Conneaut Steelhead

They are along the outside of the west wall and in the shipping channel for anyone looking for variety and action. KO's, Cleos and small cranks trolled at 1.6 mph.

S.O.S today. Hooked up with 3 silver bullets today; hammered green and silver 2/5 oz Cleo, yellow with red dots 2/5 Cleo and 1/2 oz blue and silver KO Wobbler. One almost wore out my mate, Al Scott, who is recovering from shoulder surgery and should not be tackling these wild fish but don't tell him that. Much fun on a quiet lake and tonight's dinner off the grill was awesome!

Default More of the same

This morning was awesome. Why more of you aren't chasing these steelhead is beyond me. The action is unbelievable and only 3 other boats were working the area. Any 1/2 oz KO Wobbler with orange worked and all within 300 yards of the entrance to the harbor. You can put your boats up for the winter but my friends and I will be catching fish in Conneaut until the ramps are frozen just because it feels so good and it never gets boring. Enough said....

Tomorrow (Monday) looks perfect weather wise so I will be at the Conneaut ramp at 8:30 AM. I know there are walleye out there but we will hit the steelhead first. Look for my blue bimini top 201 ProLine at the entrance to the harbor. There is lots of room and fish so feel free to join us. Ch.14

Same old story. Just the timing was different. Hit the ramp around 2:45 PM. Using only gold and orange 1/2 oz KO Wobblers back 80' to 100' at 2.2 mph we trolled east across the entrance of the harbor from the lighthouse and then out a couple of hundred yards making a slow left hand turn back to the west outside the lighthouse and then setting up a north troll from 300 yards south of the outside of the west wall. We repeated this pattern 3 times, had 6 fish on and got our 4 keepers in the cooler by 4:15. The sunset was an awesome red and orange with streaks of blue and purple. The sad thing is my friend Dr. Sparks and I were the only ones to experience the wonders which are Lake Erie. Where are you people? You have no idea what you are missing. I'll be out again tomorrow morning leaving the ramp at 8:00 AM. I sincerely hope to see some of you who read this site and join me in the fun.

What can I say? The fish were there again and you were not. 3 small boats worked the area and as far as I know, they all caught fish. We were done at 10:05 AM. Pink and white imitation KO caught 2 of the 4 keepers. Lost the biggest FO steelhead right at the boat. We really needed to use the bigger net so that hog went on our "Catch and Release" list. Lost the only pink and white spoon I own when a big steely broke the 12 lb leader about 10 minues after hooking a 6 ib silver darter. ( Guess who is going tackle shopping the next few days while Mother Nature is stirring up my lake?)